This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH][NL25] Avoiding suboptimal play [KF2]

• KillerFishes
      KillerFishes
      Bronze
      Heyo,

PartyGaming - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

UTG: 105.16 BB
      MP: 100 BB
      CO: 102.72 BB
      BTN: 125.28 BB
      Hero (SB): 135.44 BB
      BB: 171.04 BB

Hero posts SB 0.4 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has J:spade: Q:spade:

fold, fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, BB calls 2 BB

Flop: (6 BB, 2 players) 7:spade: 9:spade: 2:heart:
      Hero bets 4.56 BB, BB calls 4.56 BB

Turn: (15.12 BB, 2 players) T:diamond:
      Hero bets 11 BB, BB calls 11 BB

River: (37.12 BB, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      Hero checks, BB bets 20 BB, Hero raises to 45 BB, fold

Hero wins 73.28 BB

opponent is somehow std regish weakish TAG :)

actually I was always just barreling these runnouts where I face no agression, because std reg is never balancing x/c range and they're just so weak in one pair + draw hand, but what do you think about this play? I guess it's even more plus even then just 3 barrel? I get much more dead money this way?

I was just going to set a bet OTR and then I had this aha moment :) ... hopefully not a spew ^^

cya
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

It depends on what you want to achieve.

1) He probably never bets the river with less than 2 pair. I think he usually checks back his medium strength made hands. by checking here, he usually wins the showdown

2) I think his betting range on the River is mostly busted draws. With that said, I think a river CR could be fine purely to shutdown those hands. If you are rebluffing vs bluffs, you don't need to make a huge raise. So your raise size seems ok to me here.

3) If you want to fold out his pair + draws, a 3rd barrel is a much better play. Just pot the River or something, I would probably make a huge turn and river bet.

Thanks.