BTN: 102.92 BB
      SB: 100 BB
      Hero (BB): 111.8 BB
      UTG: 165.16 BB
      MP: 103.8 BB
      CO: 119.4 BB

SB posts SB 0.4 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.4 BB) Hero has K:diamond: 9:diamond:

fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, Hero raises to 14 BB, CO calls 11 BB, fold

Flop: (31.4 BB, 2 players) 6:spade: Q:club: 8:diamond:
      Hero bets 17 BB, CO calls 17 BB

Turn: (65.4 BB, 2 players) 7:club:
      Hero bets 23 BB, CO calls 23 BB

River: (111.4 BB, 2 players) Q:diamond:
      Hero checks, CO bets 65.4 BB and is all-in, fold

CO wins 105.84 BB

original raiser - 17/12 (C0 ~22) ft3b 83
      ftcbin3Bp - 38%

I wouldn't be cbetting Qh board that often since it hits him so hard and I got close to 0%fe for one street, however, I got plenty of backdoors and I wanted to barrrel vs 99-JJ + some floats (AJs,ATs..)
      I picked up some equity and went for it I go for extra small sizing and totally screwed it :D .. I thought he will call once more with 99-JJ (99/TT coz picked up equity) + I wanted to shove river to make him fold maybe even something like 98s + the pairs mentioned above. So the idea behind turn was incresing dead money by his x/f range otr..

What do you think about x/shove here? I got some equity and if he has floated something I get extra dead money?... not really sure tho

River - Worst card ever... I didn't have enough read to tell if he's gonna call me with 88-JJ in this spot :/ so I had to give up ... Would you continue in barreling since his AQ/KQ is discounted?

thx, cya
  • 1 reply
    • mbml

I think squeeze size is a little too large. I usually give up on QXXr flops a lot cos people don't fold TT/99/AQ/KQ which is pretty much his entire range. However with the backdoor equity I think you can set yourself up for some nice barreling opportunities.

Your Flop bet size is way too large. And betting the turn accomplishes nothing IMO, he calls again with 99/TT esp for that small bet size. So if you bet like that you need to plan to shove most rivers like an Ace or a blank. of course on a Queen you should c/f the River.

Note that your non-optimal bet sizing gave u less room to bluff on future streets.