[NL2-NL10] AK high very marginal spot

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      There's a couple of mistakes, I don't know why I 4-bet so small pre-flop. Villain has 3-bet me way too much preflop (especially BB) to the point where I'm just not buying he has anything at all, any 2 cards. This was really playing on on my gut more than anything but with AK vs his draw this is the definition of a break even play and I'm not really a fan of how I played it.

Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $24.51 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 14, 3B: 0, AF: 2.0, Hands: 58
      Hero (SB): $10.91
      BB: $18.11 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 26, 3B: 15, AF: 0.8, Hands: 65
      CO: $16.52 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 12, 3B: 8, AF: 3.7, Hands: 65

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with K:heart: A:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BB raises to $0.89, Hero raises to $2, BB calls $1.11

Flop: ($4.00) 4:heart: 8:heart: 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BB raises to $5.40, Hero raises to $8.91, BB calls $3.51

Turn: ($21.82) 8:club: (2 players)

River: ($21.82) Q:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.82
      Hero shows K:heart: A:club:
      BB shows 2:heart: 5:heart:
      Hero wins $20.84
      (Rake: $0.98)
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Sketchzr,

Preflop: I would still 4-bet more than 20 BB in a spot like this. I'd make it 23-24 or so.

As played we really don't have any FE over the raise so it's a matter of what we think he stacks off with.

I don't think it's terrible if he does this with random Ax hands, and some weak draws. But if he has a ton of pairs or 8x then we are in trouble. I also think that 8x would mostly look at calling here though.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Sketchzr,

Preflop: I would still 4-bet more than 20 BB in a spot like this. I'd make it 23-24 or so.

As played we really don't have any FE over the raise so it's a matter of what we think he stacks off with.

I don't think it's terrible if he does this with random Ax hands, and some weak draws. But if he has a ton of pairs or 8x then we are in trouble. I also think that 8x would mostly look at calling here though.
      8x could raise but I think it would be smaller, most likely here with the size of his raise I think fdraw (overs or unders) is very likely, and by making such a raise he commits himself with a bluff/bad draw. This was just a situation where I think villain has pushed me around too much and I went with my gut, I don't think I could fold.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by sketchzr
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Sketchzr,

8x could raise but I think it would be smaller, most likely here with the size of his raise I think fdraw (overs or unders) is very likely, and by making such a raise he commits himself with a bluff/bad draw. This was just a situation where I think villain has pushed me around too much and I went with my gut, I don't think I could fold.
      It's marginal anyway. He can't really raise much smaller. Min raise is $5 and he bet $5.4

I'm surprised that he didn't just ship there with a draw.

But I still think that preflop we make our life harder 4-betting so small especially after we have been folding to his 3-bets a lot.