This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] AK high very marginal spot

• sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      There's a couple of mistakes, I don't know why I 4-bet so small pre-flop. Villain has 3-bet me way too much preflop (especially BB) to the point where I'm just not buying he has anything at all, any 2 cards. This was really playing on on my gut more than anything but with AK vs his draw this is the definition of a break even play and I'm not really a fan of how I played it.

Poker Stars $10.00 No Limit Hold'em - 4 players
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

BTN: $24.51 - VPIP: 22, PFR: 14, 3B: 0, AF: 2.0, Hands: 58
      Hero (SB): $10.91
      BB: $18.11 - VPIP: 28, PFR: 26, 3B: 15, AF: 0.8, Hands: 65
      CO: $16.52 - VPIP: 23, PFR: 12, 3B: 8, AF: 3.7, Hands: 65

Pre Flop: ($0.15) Hero is SB with K:heart: A:club:
      2 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, BB raises to $0.89, Hero raises to $2, BB calls $1.11

Flop: ($4.00) 4:heart: 8:heart: 8:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, BB raises to $5.40, Hero raises to $8.91, BB calls $3.51

Turn: ($21.82) 8:club: (2 players)

River: ($21.82) Q:club: (2 players)

Final Pot: $21.82
      Hero shows K:heart: A:club:
      BB shows 2:heart: 5:heart:
      Hero wins $20.84
      (Rake: $0.98)
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Sketchzr,

Preflop: I would still 4-bet more than 20 BB in a spot like this. I'd make it 23-24 or so.

As played we really don't have any FE over the raise so it's a matter of what we think he stacks off with.

I don't think it's terrible if he does this with random Ax hands, and some weak draws. But if he has a ton of pairs or 8x then we are in trouble. I also think that 8x would mostly look at calling here though.
    • sketchzr
      sketchzr
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Sketchzr,

Preflop: I would still 4-bet more than 20 BB in a spot like this. I'd make it 23-24 or so.

As played we really don't have any FE over the raise so it's a matter of what we think he stacks off with.

I don't think it's terrible if he does this with random Ax hands, and some weak draws. But if he has a ton of pairs or 8x then we are in trouble. I also think that 8x would mostly look at calling here though.
      8x could raise but I think it would be smaller, most likely here with the size of his raise I think fdraw (overs or unders) is very likely, and by making such a raise he commits himself with a bluff/bad draw. This was just a situation where I think villain has pushed me around too much and I went with my gut, I don't think I could fold.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by sketchzr
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Sketchzr,

8x could raise but I think it would be smaller, most likely here with the size of his raise I think fdraw (overs or unders) is very likely, and by making such a raise he commits himself with a bluff/bad draw. This was just a situation where I think villain has pushed me around too much and I went with my gut, I don't think I could fold.
      It's marginal anyway. He can't really raise much smaller. Min raise is $5 and he bet $5.4

I'm surprised that he didn't just ship there with a draw.

But I still think that preflop we make our life harder 4-betting so small especially after we have been folding to his 3-bets a lot.