This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 SH AK vs short stack A high blufcatch

• SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($22.31)
      Hero ($21.11)
      UTG ($20.80)
      CO ($7.95)
      BTN ($22.76)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: K:club:

fold, CO raises to $0.40, fold, fold, Hero raises to $1.20, CO calls $0.80

FLOP ($2.50) 8:heart: Q:heart: 8:club:

Hero bets $1.30, CO raises to $6.75 (AI), Hero calls $5.45

55/36 12 hands

note
      shove 25 bb w JTo vs steal

I think it would be better to check shove but I did not think about that in game.
  • 2 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Speed,

Preflop: We can 3-bet larger versus this shorter fish because we can expect plenty of calls and we can set stacks better (and he can call more with a wide range).

I agree with ck/shoving flop if villain is aggro and bets a lot.

As played we need 34% equity and even against pairs we have roughly 6 outs for ~24% equity plus a backdoor straight. If he shoves worse Ax or draws we are doing better so we will be at least around break even.
    • SPeedFANat1c
      SPeedFANat1c
      Bronze
      Preflop: We can 3-bet larger versus this shorter fish because we can expect plenty of calls and we can set stacks better (and he can call more with a wide range).

I was thinking oposite - I should 3bet smaller to have more room to play postflop vs shortstack :)