[NL2-NL10] A2o He shoved on me on river

• ramadas
      ramadas
      Bronze
      I moved to NL5, so here it goes:

Up to river I was ahead, but then he shoved on river. Do you call seeing his stats below? I put him on K5 and suited connector with 5 and I folded.

Poker Stars $5.00 No Limit Hold'em - 9 players - View hand 2085102
      DeucesCracked Poker Videos Hand History Converter

UTG+1: $10.53 - VPIP: 19, PFR: 8, 3B: 1, AF: 1.4, Hands: 211
      UTG+2: $5.09 - VPIP: 0, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 15
      MP1: $2.00 - VPIP: 5, PFR: 3, 3B: 0, AF: 1.0, Hands: 59
      MP2: $4.00 - VPIP: 67, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 6
      CO: $5.11 - VPIP: 0, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 15
      BTN: $4.78 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 17, 3B: 0, AF: 0.0, Hands: 18
      SB: $2.32 - VPIP: 13, PFR: 13, 3B: 20, AF: 0.0, Hands: 15
      Hero (BB): $5.07 - VPIP: 17, PFR: 12, 3B: 3, AF: 2.2, Hands: 26682
      UTG: $12.66 - VPIP: 29, PFR: 0, 3B: 0, AF: 1.3, Hands: 28

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero is BB with A :spade: 2 :club:
      UTG calls $0.05, 3 folds, MP2 checks, 3 folds, Hero raises to $0.12, UTG calls $0.07, MP2 calls $0.12

Flop: ($0.38) 3 :club: 5 :heart: A :club: (3 players)
      Hero bets $0.20, UTG calls $0.20, MP2 folds

Turn: ($0.78) 5 :diamond: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.25, UTG calls $0.25

River: ($1.28) 8 :heart: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.45, UTG raises to $12.09, Hero folds
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Ramadas,

Congrats on the 5nl move

Preflop: I think that isolating from the blinds with this offsuite ace is a bit light. It's the worst Ax and villains like them play a ton of Ax hands. We will also be OOP to two players so it will be hard to win pots with cbets.

Postflop: As played why do we bet so small on the turn and river? Our bets can easily induce a bluff.

Even the turn cbet is super thin because villain has a ton of Ax hands and few draws/pairs. So we can consider bet/folding 1/2 on turn and ck/fold river.

AS a side note, I'm not sure if I mentioned this before, but if you leave a reply please hit the "advise judge to take another look" button so we can see it.
    • ramadas
      ramadas
      Bronze
      Thanks for reply.

So I guess my thin bets are influenced by P* pro trainings in MTTs, which encourages minraise bets and I just messed up MTT with cash games.

Do you know where I can find some short table of differences between MTT and cash play, so I can watch out for them when watching MTT or cash game videos?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by ramadas
      Thanks for reply.

So I guess my thin bets are influenced by P* pro trainings in MTTs, which encourages minraise bets and I just messed up MTT with cash games.

Do you know where I can find some short table of differences between MTT and cash play, so I can watch out for them when watching MTT or cash game videos?
      Yes, MTTs are completely different than cash games.

The main difference is the fact that you are playing a much deeper game. Not the 5-25 BB stacks as most hands are played. So with less BBs in play smaller bets/raises make a lot more sense.

In cash games that doesn't work nearly as well.

Unfortunately I don't know a spot where you can see these differences listed but I recommend you watch the beginner videos and maybe even sign up for the beginners course (and attend my beginners coachings on the weekends).
    • ramadas
      ramadas
      Bronze
      Thanks for the invitation, but I just have to differentiate between MTT and cash games and stick to cash games rules when playing them.

I earned over 60 USD on cash games with 20 USD starting roll on P* NL2 using PStrategy excellent articles on cash games, so I have to reread them. It is more time effective for me to read than to watch or participate in trainings. I am from generation of book readers :)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by ramadas
      Thanks for the invitation, but I just have to differentiate between MTT and cash games and stick to cash games rules when playing them.

I earned over 60 USD on cash games with 20 USD starting roll on P* NL2 using PStrategy excellent articles on cash games, so I have to reread them. It is more time effective for me to read than to watch or participate in trainings. I am from generation of book readers :)
      No worries Ramadas,

Just focus on bet sizing and you can also consider looking at other hand evaluations to see how other players play and what advice they've been given.