Hitting overcards draw on turn

• Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      Ok so lets say i peel the flop according to pot odds with two overcards and i hit.

Under the basic articles it says that when u dont have the initiative u should only bet with two pair or better. So is the correct play here to check ?

Just feel like i am losing value and give ppl a free card too often. help this fixed limit noob :D
  • 7 replies
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      Well if it's checked to you, there is no reason not to bet as you turn in top pair good kicker. I think in many cases there is even good to raise if opponent keeps betting, because you charge a lot to players who are still on draws and will probably fold --> they won't get a chance to get lucky on the river.
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hi Evilpopcorn,

I think you are already a bit too good for the bronze articles as you make your own thoughts about your play. I like that. :)

The problem is that this is often a situation based problem. It depends on the opponents on the previous action and how good your hand really is.

If for example the turncard is very scary and your opponent is not the most aggressive player then it's better to donkbet into him.
      If he is aggressive you miht check and raise his bet to get the maximum value.
      If your hand is not very strong (if you play on a drawheavy board against 2 or moe opponents) you often have to donkbet as well or even just check and call for your twopair/trip outs.

The best you can do is to watch videos to see how other players act in suh situations and to post hand in which ou where unsure about your play.
    • Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      think you are already a bit too good for the bronze articles as you make your own thoughts about your play. I like that.

Wow !!!! Awsome compliment :D .

I guess my 2 years of playing no limit has taught me something. Now if only i could get strategy points for PokerStars. Have pumped 12 000 hands in 4 days 8 tabling. Then i could get my grubby little hands on the silver articles.

Would there be anywayz that i could buy the silver articles ? Cos i would seriosuly consider this if this option as available.
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      NL?

You know that this is Fixed Limit section, right? :)
      /me just checking
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      I'm sorry there is no way to buy any articles. We want to be cmpletly free for all. Can't you play a few hands on a tracked site? Titanpoker gives you a lot points for example. :)
    • Evilpopcorn
      Evilpopcorn
      Bronze
      Already have an account at Titan.

When i first started playing poker i was playing freeroll on almost every site :) .

Well my plan is to build up my roll at poker stars to around $500 and then go bonus whoring a bit. Hopefully i can find a new site that i ahvent got an account on that u guys track.
    • harleytopper
      harleytopper
      Bronze
      You can re-track Titan poker account to pokerstrategy. See help section.