Bankroll Building: 45man sng's

• JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      I find it hard to keep myself motivated to play a lot if I don't have any goals to chase, and since I have thought about starting a blog for a while I feel like this is the perfect opportunity to mix these two toghter.

My Poker History:
      I am now 19 years old and I have played for about 4 years, since a friend told me about poker and how we could deposit 50$ together and play when we had self study in school, and in less than an hour we doubled our money and cashed out, so to me this seemed like easy money. Since then I have played a lot and depositeded $10 more times than I want to remember.

But late 2012 I decided that I wanted to take poker serious, so I started playing NL2 and beet it good about 9bb/100 hands, but got crushed everytime i tried NL5, so I ended up a bit but wanted to try something new.

So I have decided to start grinding the 45man sng's, I left 50$ on stars after cashing out, so I have 100 bi's for the $0,50, which should be a good start. In the beginning I'm going to follow the 100 bi BRM rule, it might be a bit nitty, but better safe than sorry :f_biggrin:

Goals for March:

Poker Goals:
      :club: Play 50+ sng's a day
      :club: Analyze 25+ hands a day (w/ ICMizer and/or PokerCruncher)
      :club: Re-watch 3+ YugiohPro videos a weak (still got much to learn from them)

Other Goals:
      :spade: Get at least 6 hours sleep a night
      :spade: Drink less than 3 soft drink a weak

• 56 replies
    • arthurbentley
      arthurbentley
      Silver
      100 buy-ins for the 0.50 turbo is a very aggressive bankroll, and you will likely go bust if you don't hit the ground running. If you only have $50 I recommend you play the 0.25 45-mans first. Wait until you have $150 then you can play the 0.50 turbo, or the $1 normal speed 45-mans.

As a rule of thumb, assuming you have no intention of having to re-deposit again, a safe bankroll for turbo 45-mans is 300 buy-ins, and 150 buy-ins for normal speed.

If you are not too bothered about busting your roll, then by all means play the 0.5 turbo with 100 buy-ins.
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by arthurbentley
      100 buy-ins for the 0.50 turbo is a very aggressive bankroll, and you will likely go bust if you don't hit the ground running. If you only have $50 I recommend you play the 0.25 45-mans first. Wait until you have $150 then you can play the 0.50 turbo, or the $1 normal speed 45-mans.

As a rule of thumb, assuming you have no intention of having to re-deposit again, a safe bankroll for turbo 45-mans is 300 buy-ins, and 150 buy-ins for normal speed.

If you are not too bothered about busting your roll, then by all means play the 0.5 turbo with 100 buy-ins.
      I know there will be swings in any turbo games, especially in MTSNG's but the 45 mans are not that swingy comparede to other and $0,50 are some of the softest games online IMO, so I'm not too worried about going broke, anyway if I get below 50 bi's i might start playing $0,25 non-turbo even though it would be a drag.
    • VorpalF2F
      VorpalF2F
      Super Moderator
      Super Moderator
      Originally posted by JCSeerup
      I find it hard to keep myself motivated to play a lot if I don't have any goals to chase, and since I have thought about starting a blog for a while I feel like this is the perfect opportunity to mix these two toghter.

Goals for Febuary:

Poker Goals:
      :club: Play 40-50 sng's a day
      :club: Start playing the $1,5 45man
      :club: Join/start a study group
      :club: Read/watch wathever material that is related to 45 man sng's
      :club: Re-watch YugiohPro's 45 man series and take wathever I can use from it since it's higher stakes

Other Goals
      :spade: Start going to the gym at least 3 times a weak
      :spade: Live healthier, water instead of coke and eating helthier aswell

Hi JCSeerup
      Good to have you in the blog section!

I think you'll find that having a blog helps.
      It gives you a perfect opportunity to review your session -- even if it is only to look for a worthwhile event to post in the blog!

I like your goals too -- they seem challenging (or they would be for me) -- yet attainable.

Best of luck at the tables!
      --VS
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by VorpalF2F
      Hi JCSeerup
      Good to have you in the blog section!

I think you'll find that having a blog helps.
      It gives you a perfect opportunity to review your session -- even if it is only to look for a worthwhile event to post in the blog!

I like your goals too -- they seem challenging (or they would be for me) -- yet attainable.

Best of luck at the tables!
      --VS
      Glad too be here ;)

I'd rather give myself some challenging goals that I have to work hard to reach!
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      So I just finished the last sng for today, and as predicted the games were very soft, but at the same time I ran really great in a couple of them. I managed to play 52 sng's today and ended with an 77% ROI and a $19,91 profit, which is pretty decent even for this level. :D

All I have left to do today is watch a 45 man video. I belive there is something about how you should play when you are ITM , which I have been wondering a bit about today

Current Bankroll: $69,91

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I just have one hand that I can't forget, I belive it was at the FT bubble, so I didn't see much value in shoving, so decided to min raise. But the thing i regret the most i not moving in on the flop where he could have so many draws + queens. But we can only learn from our mistakes! :)

No Limit Hold'em Tournament T400/T800
      Buy-in: $0.45+$0.05 USD Hold'em No Limit
      PokerStars
      5 players

Stacks:
      [b]UTG - Hero (T6.680[/b])
      CO - CO (T7.920)
      BTN - BTN (T13.675)
      SB - SB (T7.940)
      BB - BB (T6.355)

Preflop: (T1.450, 5 players) Hero is UTG with A:spade: A:club:
      Hero raises to T1.600, CO calls T1.600, 3 folds

Flop: 2:club: Q:club: J:diamond: (T4.650, 2 players)
      Hero bets T3.022, CO calls T3.022

Turn: Q:heart: (T10.694, 2 players)
      Hero bets T2.008 (all-in), CO calls T2.008

River: 3:heart: (T14.710, 2 players, 1 all-in)

Total Pot: T14.710
      Hero shows A:spade: A:club: (two pair, Aces and Queens)CO shows K:spade: Q:diamond: (three of a kind, Queens)
    • Gentari
      Gentari
      Global
      Looking good, keep it up :)
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Yesterday I was going to play but a powernap turned in to 5 hours and in the evening I had made plans with a friend, so didn't get to play. So I just had to make up for that today, and I just finished my 2nd session, played a total of 69 sng's with an 28% ROI and a $9,99 profit.

Another goal I have for this month is to remain silverstar on stars, but for that to happen it think i have to grind my way up to $1,5 45 man's about the 14th if I then keep the volume it should be possible.

Current Bankroll: $79,90
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      I believe it's about time for an update on my blog. The truth is I haven't really been playing as much this month as I wanted to, but the last coupple days i've been sick and haven't felt like playing at all, but I start feeling better and I expect being back at stars tomorrow.

So far the results have been decent, I have played 196 sng's with a profit of $52,78 which i a 53% ROI, which is acceptable imo. The $0,50 aren't really that interesting to play or share about, the game is really straight forward ABC poker, which also makes it very easy to beat.

I still hope that if I can get in a decent amount of volume and maybe a lockdown I will be playing $1,50's by the 14th, and hopefully at least not give up on keeping my silverstar on stars without a fight.

Current Bankroll: $102,78

• Gentari
      Gentari
      Global
      Looking good Seerup,

What BR are you allowing to go to the $1.50s? and are you thinking about any level to go down again if you hit a downswing?

By the way, I hope you get to the $1.50s soon so I don't have to play good players :s_cool:
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Originally posted by Gentari
      Looking good Seerup,

What BR are you allowing to go to the $1.50s? and are you thinking about any level to go down again if you hit a downswing?

By the way, I hope you get to the $1.50s soon so I don't have to play good players :s_cool:
      I'm planing on moving up when i reach 100 bi's for the $1,50's. And I will admit I haven't really thought about when I should move down since I don't think it's gonna happen, but anyway if I lose 25 bi's I might move down or if I don't feel like I can beat the level i'm probably also going to move down, but hopefully that won't happen. :)

And by the way as far as I remember the one time we were at the same table I busted you. :s_biggrin:
    • Gentari
      Gentari
      Global
      And by the way as far as I remember the one time we were at the same table I busted you. :s_biggrin:
      Yes, that's why I want you to move up :s_cool:

100 BI is good, I am going for a bit more, I think I need a bigger amount to make the transition easier. I will set a 25 BI downswing limit to drop back too.

I think you are correct though, I see the $1.50 level being beatable :s_love:
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      After not being able to play very much this month I really wanted to get som volume yesterday, but after not playing a couple days I felt a bit rusty in the beginning, and at the same time I was pretty tired in the end, so it wasn't really optimal, but enough of that.

I ended up playing 53 sng's with a loss of -$1,02 :(

So today I'm gonna try to play better since I know that I can crush the game which I hopefully will do. I will try to get a bit more volume today, and hopefully a nice proft.

Current Bankroll: $101,76
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Yesterday was a very good day for me, I got nice volume, played 73 sng's and I ended the day with a nice $18,21 profit, which brings me pretty close to 100 bi's at the $1,50's.

So far the results have been great this month, and the volume is also starting to come along, the only thing i'm disapointed about is my studying, it has been really poor, I think I have watched two videos this month, but at this point when im basicly crushing the lowest limit volume would be the most important thing, and start studying when ABC poker aint enough anymore.

Today I will once again try to get even more volume in than yesterday, and hopefully get as good results. After trying 12, 18 and 24 tabeling I think the most profitable for me is 12 tabeling since I just don't seem to focus enough when I play more tabels.

I will try to update again tonight with the results for today, so they better be good! :D

Current Bankroll: $119,97
    • Gentari
      Gentari
      Global
      Originally posted by JCSeerup
      Yesterday was a very good day for me, I got nice volume, played 73 sng's and I ended the day with a nice $18,21 profit, which brings me pretty close to 100 bi's at the $1,50's.

So far the results have been great this month, and the volume is also starting to come along, the only thing i'm disapointed about is my studying, it has been really poor, I think I have watched two videos this month, but at this point when im basicly crushing the lowest limit volume would be the most important thing, and start studying when ABC poker aint enough anymore.

Today I will once again try to get even more volume in than yesterday, and hopefully get as good results. After trying 12, 18 and 24 tabeling I think the most profitable for me is 12 tabeling since I just don't seem to focus enough when I play more tabels.

I will try to update again tonight with the results for today, so they better be good! :D

Current Bankroll: $119,97
      Looking very nice Seerup, keep it up my friend :)
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      So the last two days since my last update have been pretty swingy I got a very good start by winning $13,98 the first day, but yesterday was a very bad for me, and I lost $12,42 so for the last two days, I have played 111 sng's with a profit of $1,56, which just ain't good enough but I was running pretty bad yesterday, so I guess thats what happens when you play MTSNG's.

My plan for today is maybe to play a bit tonight or just watch a video, otherwise I'm probably just gonna think about that I need to win the money from yesterday back which is a really bad mindset.

There is really no need to rush, I will be grinding my bankroll up to playing the $1,50's in a couple of days anyway, so no hurry. :)

Current roll: $121,53
    • Gentari
      Gentari
      Global
      Nice to run good, but running bad happens every now and then as you know, as long as the BR is growing over time then there is no worry.

I you want to later on I will be playing 45s & 90s so can screen share if you are not playing much, let me know :)
    • JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      So after not playing yesterday (Thursday), I was back at the tables today, and after hearing that the 90 man's should be pretty soft I decided to play 50% of them and 50% 45 man's, and as told they were very soft, I played a total of 40 sng's today with a nice $22,64 profit, which is just about 45 bi's.

So after today I almost got my bankroll up to playing the $1,5 45 man's, so I'm pretty excited about that, so hopefully I can get an other winning day tomorrow (today) and then get to play $1,5's on sunday.

I also try to do a bit more studying, I try to review more hands and analyzing hands with PokerCruncher (Equilab for Mac), I have also tried to help in the hand evaluation forum, I find it quite helpful to see where other player make mistake, so I can avoid them myself.

At the moment I'm also trying out some new things I have seen in some of YugiohPro's videos, like limping more from LP when it's limped to me, calling/reshoving tighter and try to cbet smaller with short-/mediumstack.

Current Bankroll: $144,17

• JCSeerup
      JCSeerup
      Bronze
      Today was another good day at the tables, my goal for today were to get my bankroll above $150 so I would be able to jumpe to the $1,5 tomorrow and I succeeded. I had to win $6 and I ended my session with $11,53 in the positive, after playing 74 sng's.

Right now my plays just seems to work out for me, and I'll have too admit that I am running good aswell. So now I just hope that my game will workout at the next level too, and I won't run into a downswing in the nearest future.

After updating here I will try to look at some hands so I can find some bad plays and remove them from my game in the future.

Current Bankroll: $155,70
    • suitedaces1701
      suitedaces1701
      Platinum
      You have the right mentality sir. GL :s_cool: