ilidek
      Bronze
      Hero (MP): $8.61 (215.2 bb)
      CO: $4.14 (103.5 bb)
      BTN: $1.22 (30.5 bb)
      SB: $2.04 (51 bb)
      BB: $0.53 (13.3 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with 4:diamond: 4:heart:
      Hero raises to $0.12, 3 folds, BB raises to $0.53 and is all-in, Hero calls $0.41

Flop: ($1.08) 3:club: 5:club: 8:club: (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      Turn: ($1.08) 5:spade: (2 players, 1 is all-in)
      River: ($1.08) 5:diamond: (2 players, 1 is all-in)

c or f ?
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Ilidek,

Preflop: Before rake we need about 38% equity.

So this problem come down to the math and to be honest with you if you plan on folding to BBs shove you shouldn't open this hand with not 1 but 3 short/mid stacks behind us.

Equity wise we have at least 50% on average.
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      What is your advice? Vs 3 short/midstackers I should open 88+ to easy call push? When there are shorts and midstacks in game I should play tighter range? Something like this: [IMG}http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/152/screenshot2dm.png[/IMG] ?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by ilidek
      What is your advice? Vs 3 short/midstackers I should open 88+ to easy call push? When there are shorts and midstacks in game I should play tighter range? Something like this: [IMG}http://img845.imageshack.us/img845/152/screenshot2dm.png[/IMG] ?
      The shallower the stacks get the less we can play postflop so low cards lose a lot of their inherit value.

So yes I would tighten up my range especially from EP/MP where we have the entire table left to act.

It also depends on how often they play back and if they just call or shove a lot.

What adjustments would you make versus shortie/mid that:
      A) calls a lot
      B) shoves a lot
    • ilidek
      ilidek
      Bronze
      This is how I see it:

1) Guy who call a lot pre flop and play fit or fold post flop.

AT+,KT+,QT+,JT+,66+,T9s-76s

VS this kind of player I would have a ton of value on flop with cb and I can widen my range. If he don't adjust and regs don't mind ( they don't 3b me offten) I can add Q2-Q9s,K2-K9s,A2-A9s yes he will call a lot of Ax, Kx but he will miss so often that it’s still profitable. I would add some one gapper like 86s-J9s.

So it would look like this:
      ATo+,A2s+,KTo,K2s+,QTo+,Q2s+,66+
      T9s-76s, J9s-86s

2) calling station who call a lot both pre and post flop

AQo+,KQ,ATs+,KTs+,QTs+,JTs+,88+

Vs this kind of player I must play hands that are easy to play. I often flop boards with some BD equity what help me bet again on T. For instance I bet KcTc board is 8c9s3h so it’s nothing special. Usually I would play x/f or xb with hand like that but with BD equity I may bet because:
      1) every club on T will improve my equity 9 outs
      2) every K on T will improve my equity 3 outs
      3) some T will improve my equity let’s say 1 out
      4) every J will improve my equity what gives me another 4 outs

3) Shove happy player

I would play w/ AQ+,88+ 4b/c and I would open 66-88,KQs,QJs to have some r/f range and to find out is he still 3beting a lot. Vs 15% I have 61% and I bet guys like he shove lot of crap and they don't wait for their best hand. It may be any Ax etc.

Equity Wygrana Podział
      MP2 61.27% 59.48% 1.79% { 88+, AQs+, AQo+ }
      MP3 38.73% 36.94% 1.79% { 77+, A7s+, K9s+, QTs+, JTs, ATo+, KTo+, QJo }
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Well done Ilidek,

You put some nice effort into this.

1) looks good but we still want some playability with our hands so I'd stay away from weaker offsuite hands (which you haven't added many off to your range).

2) remember that here we were talking about shorter opponents. So most likely you will get to be close to all in on the turn. So what we would need is higher cards, especially suited, and higher pairs.

3) this one comes down to the math as well and how much variance we want to go with (short term). Because we get roughly 38-42% pot odds we can add more pairs and even hands like AJs.