NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      SB ($13.48)
      Hero ($10.30)
      UTG ($10.31)
      UTG+1 ($4.71)
      CO ($10)
      BTN ($12.71)

Dealt to Hero Q:club: 9:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $0.90, SB calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.80) 7:heart: 8:diamond: 6:heart:

SB checks, Hero bets $1, SB calls $1

TURN ($3.80) 7:heart: 8:diamond: 6:heart: 9:heart:

SB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($3.80) 7:heart: 8:diamond: 6:heart: 9:heart: 3:spade:

SB bets $2.30, Hero calls $2.30

SB shows T:diamond: 7:diamond:
      (Pre 39%, Flop 65.7%, Turn 96.6%)

Hero shows Q:club: 9:club:
      (Pre 61%, Flop 34.3%, Turn 3.4%)

SB wins $7.84

• 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: the guy seems to be on the fishy side and doesn't fold to 3-bets thus I would not 3-bet hands like this that could get us in dominated scenarios. Instead I'd simply increase my value range versus him and bluff with hands like 67s.

Postflop: As played the river is close because most draws got there on the turn. We only really beat some random bluffs/floats and 6x/7x turned into a bluff which aren't many.

So I think it's closer to a fold.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Pre i obviously meant it as bluff, i think it's on par with a low sc due to higher cards, i would prefer a j9s over a 56s.

I also found his betsize odd, would he bet so big with a jj ? What would i call ? He seemed to rep tx,flush or nothing.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Pre i obviously meant it as bluff, i think it's on par with a low sc due to higher cards, i would prefer a j9s over a 56s.

I also found his betsize odd, would he bet so big with a jj ? What would i call ? He seemed to rep tx,flush or nothing.
      I think the problem is that he doesn't have a ton of hands that he can bluff with.

Why exactly would you prefer a dominated hand versus a non dominated one in a spot where you will get called a lot? Q9 vs 76?
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Well i am obviously here to learn but domination doesn't happen that often nor i will look forward to invest a lot even if i hit, but q can overcut his pairs.

I realize 76s has triple chance over q9 to flop an oesd about 10% , and 7 or 6 will be unlikely dominated but the lower we go the more likely his pp-s will overcut it, q while could get dominated 7 or 6 can't take much heat either.

I wouldn't say i really prefer q9s over 76s but this just felt good too. 67s has about 50-50 chance to flop something, this obvious lower for q9s by about 6% but flops better pairs, and also q holds some blocker value.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      Well i am obviously here to learn but domination doesn't happen that often nor i will look forward to invest a lot even if i hit, but q can overcut his pairs.

I realize 76s has triple chance over q9 to flop an oesd about 10% , and 7 or 6 will be unlikely dominated but the lower we go the more likely his pp-s will overcut it, q while could get dominated 7 or 6 can't take much heat either.

I wouldn't say i really prefer q9s over 76s but this just felt good too. 67s has about 50-50 chance to flop something, this obvious lower for q9s by about 6% but flops better pairs, and also q holds some blocker value.
      Blocker value is great when villain plays closer to a 4-bet or fold game.

In this case we can assume villain calls a lot and while we don't each flop a Qx often it still happens enough that we can "spew" money away. We also may find it hard to lay down a Qx rather than a 7x or 6x.

Even if PPs overcut it that doesn't mean that we can't make those PPs fold. On many boards we can easily get 88-TT(JJ) to fold.

So in a spot where villain calls a lot I want to raise an extended value range and reduce my bluffs to hands that can play versus his calling range without a lot of trouble.

If I flop a 7 and get raised/called or if I flop a Q and get raised/called it's a different story, because 7x is much easier to let go.