BB ($8.53)
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($17.98)
      Hero ($10.22)
      BTN ($13.26)

Dealt to Hero A:diamond: T:spade:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.30, BTN calls $0.30, fold, BB calls $0.20

FLOP ($0.95) T:diamond: 8:heart: 8:spade:

BB checks, Hero bets $0.66, BTN raises to $1.70, BB folds, Hero calls $1.04

TURN ($4.35) T:diamond: 8:heart: 8:spade: 3:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $2.70, Hero folds

BTN wins $4.06

He was close to unknown at the time with about 20ish hands on him showing aggressive tendencies and raising on an unlikely board.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: I'm not a huge fan of calling a raise on a dry flop and then folding a super blank turn.

If we thought our hand was best on the flop what changed on the turn? I think that our decision should really be made on the turn regarding how far we go with the hand and if we are not willing to bluffcatch future streets just fold the flop. As you said you are facing a potentially aggro player and we are OOP with 2 streets left so we should expect him to bet more.

I would most likely call flop and call down because fishy guys do raise Tx for value here and i think that, if he had 8x or boats he'd call with BB still left to act.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      But he has also has close to no reason to raise T, even less, and it's unlikely he has anything of value here.

You criticized my play many times when i decided based on low sample to go broke, and i agree decision should be made on the flop but do we have enough to go broke with Tx on this board ? Based on how fishy he looks he could have 8x,jj+, and it was a multiway pot so assuming that he bluffs and barrels with nothing or a weak holding is addition to his value range is just pure speculation.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      But he has also has close to no reason to raise T, even less, and it's unlikely he has anything of value here.

You criticized my play many times when i decided based on low sample to go broke, and i agree decision should be made on the flop but do we have enough to go broke with Tx on this board ? Based on how fishy he looks he could have 8x,jj+, and it was a multiway pot so assuming that he bluffs and barrels with nothing or a weak holding is addition to his value range is just pure speculation.
      Hey Drac,

I'm not trying to criticize your play but rather help out, get you to look at other options :) Hopefully I don't offend you, as it's not my intention nor my job.

If you called the flop that implies that you think your hand is best so what changed on the turn? It's a pure blank.

I don't want to go broke here because of the small sample on him but rather because of the line we took and he took. We bet/call a dry flop with TPTK. So we either fold the flop because we have 0 info and don't know if we can call down or we call flop and call down. That's how I see it.

How would you play JJ?