NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      Hero ($11.30)
      BB ($13.96)
      UTG ($10)
      UTG+1 ($5.84)
      CO ($11.04)
      BTN ($10)

Dealt to Hero T:spade: 8:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.25, Hero raises to $0.85, fold, BTN calls $0.60

FLOP ($1.80) K:club: 2:club: T:club:

Hero checks, BTN bets $0.90, Hero calls $0.90

TURN ($3.60) K:club: 2:club: T:club: K:spade:

Hero checks, BTN bets $1.80, Hero folds

BTN wins $3.36

• 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hey Dracsharp,

Preflop: looks fine but I'd make it $1 here (10 BB) otherwise we will get called more.

Postflop: Our perceived range is strong there and can get some better hands to fold (or just his equity in the pot) so I much more prefer a bet/fold than check/call especially against someone like him that has folded a lot to 3-bets so far (so his calling range is tighter).

While he seems aggro overall we run into the same problem as in the other hands, we cannot take heat and there are MANY turns/rivers that are super ugly for us.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      I didn't plan to take the heat he has high aggro on flop and his calling range was tight, if i cbet flop he will most likely float it and will bet into me again later if it was for bluff, which i am most likely not calling, if i c/c he will most likely stab the board but could give up later due to his sharp drop in af on turn.

If he has a tight range and likes floating i doubt he would fold any ax or pp.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by Dracsharp
      I didn't plan to take the heat he has high aggro on flop and his calling range was tight, if i cbet flop he will most likely float it and will bet into me again later if it was for bluff, which i am most likely not calling, if i c/c he will most likely stab the board but could give up later due to his sharp drop in af on turn.

If he has a tight range and likes floating i doubt he would fold any ax or pp.
      Then we should look at check/folding the flop. Him calling us preflop should be a sign of us looking to get away unless we hit some good equity, which we haven't this time.

However I still think that a 1/2 pot cbet would work wonders as it only has to work 33% of the time for profit.