[NL2-NL10] NL5 Sh Rush: KJo OOP

• acetbfish
      Unknown villain.

Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.05 BB (6 handed) - Full Tilt Converter Tool from http://www.flopturnriver.com

MP ($3.62)
      Hero (CO) ($3.83)
      Button ($5)
      SB ($6.36)
      BB ($3.20)
      UTG ($5.02)

Preflop: Hero is CO with K, J
      2 folds, Hero bets $0.15, Button calls $0.15, 2 folds

Flop: ($0.37) 8, A, K (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button bets $0.20, Hero calls $0.20

Turn: ($0.77) Q (2 players)
      Hero checks, Button checks

River: ($0.77) A (2 players)
      Hero checks

i don't like betting on the flop since I don't get any calls from worse hands. If the turn wasn't a Queen, could I have bet on the river for value? (these are the last money from a ring ticket.)
  • 1 reply
    • mbml

Assuming he bets AX a lot of the time on the Turn, and he doesnt have KQ (since he probably bets the Turn), we hvae the best hand a lot of the time.

He still does have some AX in his range, esp those without good kickers like AT/A9/A8 etc. Seems a bit thin to valuebet here, I think we can just check and try to induce again since weak players tend to take bet check bet lines as bluffs quite often.

The absense of a Turn queen could potentially make him call lighter with a hand like 8X or TT. Then again, the presence of a Queen gives him more weak made hands like QJ/QT which could potentially bluff catch us.

I don't think the Queen has that much of an impact on whether we can bet the River or not. Now, if the turn was an Ace instead, then I think I like a river valuebet more, since it is now less likely for him to have an Ace cos he may bet most AX hands on the Turn too.