BIP and BOP stats

• tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      Hi,

So here is the problem: i use PT3 and want to use bet in position and bet out of position vs missed cbet stat (they are called this way in HM). So i was going through some PT forums and came to following conclusions:

-BIP action (HEM): Is when i am OOP and check with initiative instead of cbeting, and then opponent bets flop. PT stat should be FLOAT FLOP (stated in pt forums)

-BOP action (HEM): Is when we checkback flop with initiative IP, and then opponent bets the turn. PT stat for this should be PROBE TURN.

Those two stats are allso stated in PT4 manual as comparison to HEM BIP and BOP stats.

So can anybody please confirm (or disprove) this?
  • 7 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Hey tomzyb,

I've moved your post to the dedicated board where our expert will answer you asap :)

Best regards,
      Gary
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      No offense, but if u left it in general discussion, somebody might actually answer sth. That is allso why i created it there..
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      General Poker Discussion is not the place for Software related threads. It would have been buried there, trust me :)
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      tomzyb - why not ask the people who wrote the software rather than post in the general forum? Your understanding of these two stats is correct. In PokerTracker 4 we include the definitions for all stats in the application, I have copied and pasted this definition for you here. We suggest that all PokerTracker 3 users upgrade to PokerTracker 4, we are no longer releasing updates for PT3 with the exception of occasional bug fixes if necessary.

Float Flop: Percentage of the time that a player bets in position on the flop after the preflop aggressor fails to continuation bet on the flop.

Formula: Number of Times Player Float on the Flop / Number of Times Player Could Float on the Flop

Probe Turn: Percentage of the time that a player bets out of position on the turn after calling a preflop raise, checking the flop and the aggressor checks the flop also.

Formula: Number of Times Player Probe Bet on the Turn / Number of Times Player Could Probe Bet on the Turn
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Thank you PokerTracker :)
    • tomzyb
      tomzyb
      Bronze
      Yep, thank you very much.

Abt the PT4: I'll buy it when it's necessary. I had trial going, but im just not convinced yet, i have my HUD and popups so awesomely pimped in PT3 it just the nuts. Allso took me quite a while to learn how to set all the things i wanted so im not in a mood to change to sth else atm.
    • PokerTracker
      PokerTracker
      Gold
      Originally posted by tomzyb
      Yep, thank you very much.

Abt the PT4: I'll buy it when it's necessary. I had trial going, but im just not convinced yet, i have my HUD and popups so awesomely pimped in PT3 it just the nuts. Allso took me quite a while to learn how to set all the things i wanted so im not in a mood to change to sth else atm.
      Save this post. Eventually when you switch to PokerTracker 4 I suggest you look back at this post a few months later... your future self will be disappointed you did not switch to PokerTracker 4 earlier once you realize how limited the PokerTracker 3 HUD system is in comparison to PokerTracker 4 :P

PS: Are you aware that we are no longer updating PokerTracker 3 with anything except occasional fixes when necessary? All development is within PokerTracker 4 at this stage, regular updates are needed to remain compatible with new changes released in poker clients, staying current with the latest version is the only way to avoid future issues.