first deposit poker 770

• jisaac92
      jisaac92
      Bronze
      hey guys i havent dont my first deposit on 770 and im not sure what is a good deposit to do because of the bonus or something? i can deposit up to 100 but what do you guys think thats a good deposit amount considering the first deposit bonus?
  • 12 replies
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Hey jisaac92,

You can read more about the First Deposit Bonus @ Poker770 - First Deposit Bonus

Take notice of the "After your deposit you have 45 days to clear the entire bonus." So there is no benefit to deposit a large amount you you will simply not be able to clear it :]

The bonus is cleared in $5's per 425 Poker770 Points, so we need to figure out how much you expect to rake and how any points you'll earn within the 45 days.

So, what will you be playing? Cash, Tourneys, SnG's? What stakes?

Also moving this over to the Beginners Questions for you :)
    • jisaac92
      jisaac92
      Bronze
      playing all mostly sng n cash though 1/2
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      Originally posted by jisaac92
      playing all mostly sng n cash though 1/2
      What stake SnG's?

$1/$2 Cash? NL, FL, PL? Holdem or Omaha?
    • jisaac92
      jisaac92
      Bronze
      nl holdem $1/$2
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      If you're playing $1/$2 then I see no problem in clearing the Full $2000, after all, that's only 10 Buyins at that level.

I've found an older post of yours that is only 3 days old:

"honestly what do u guys reckon is the best one for beginners to play on and learn and make a good bankroll?"
      Due to the above, I think you may be a little confused about what you're saying you play, when we ask what stakes are you playing, we're referring to the blind levels, so $1/$2 is the blinds you're saying you play at, also referred to as NL200.

Do you mean that you're sitting down on the table with $1 - $2, where the binds are $0.01/$0.02 ?
      Or that you're getting SnG's mixed up and those buyins are $1 & $2?
    • jisaac92
      jisaac92
      Bronze
      lol aww yeha thats wat i mean hahah
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      lol aww yeha thats wat i mean hahah
      :D I thought something was up, but wanted to be 100% sure what was going on in here :P

Do you know many hands do you roughly play per day/week?
    • jisaac92
      jisaac92
      Bronze
      well atm its not much because i always go bust but probably about 500 hands a week which i no is not much at all.
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      500 hands is enough if that's all the time you have! Don't forget as a beginner this is the time to learn the basics correctly and setting the foundations to your future play. If you spend all your time playing and no time studying then you're wasting your time!

Don't be in a rush to play thousands of hands a day/week. Take your time, learn how to play correctly and the volume will come :)

Gary
    • jisaac92
      jisaac92
      Bronze
      anything u recommend i should be reading or watching?
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Silver
      http://www.pokerstrategy.com/strategy/bss/#bronze

All basic and bronze articles for Big Stack Strategy for now :) Take one or two a day and really try to sit down and take every concept in. Do whatever it is that makes you learn the best! Hopefully you can grind out enough points for Silver status in the coming months and then you'll have a lot more content!
    • ThatGuyMatt
      ThatGuyMatt
      Bronze
      well atm its not much because i always go bust but probably about 500 hands a week which i no is not much at all.
      With 500 hands per week you'll be lucky to clear just one of the $5 chunks in the Deposit offer, so it's completely up to you how much you wish to deposit, but if you deposit now then you wont be ale to use the bonus in the future ;)