[NL20-NL50] NL25sh-KQ vs Big Donkbet on Flop

• urmo1
      urmo1
      Black
      Hello
      BB-64/27/23/donk bet total 67(6)
      Flop is ok to raise vs donkbet?

Poker Stars, $0.10/$0.25 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 5 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $37.22 (148.9 bb)
      Hero (CO): $25 (100 bb)
      BTN: $25 (100 bb)
      SB: $25 (100 bb)
      BB: $17.30 (69.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is CO with Q K
      MP folds, Hero raises to $0.75, 2 folds, BB calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60) 5 8 Q (2 players)
      BB bets $2.50, Hero calls $2.50

Turn: ($6.60) 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $14.05 and is all-in, Hero folds
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I'm not raising the overbet on the Flop for sure. He is repping a really polarized range.

Turn sucks, there are still so many draws but I think our hand is a little too weak to call so we should fold.

Thanks.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml

Turn sucks, there are still so many draws but I think our hand is a little too weak to call so we should fold.
      Isn't it better to fold flop? His bet looks strong, mostly 2 pairs and sets, or air. Do we expect when calling flop, that he is going to ch/fold turn? What if he would bet turn 3/4 pot size, still fold?
      I think he almost always bets turn and river until all in.
      So either he is maniac (on tilt) so we can call him down, and call turn, or he is fish who bets so with strong hands, and never folds turns and river. I would fold flop, make a note, and follow his future hands and if I see him next time playing so, I would call down.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Folding flop is way too weak. I only do that if he is known to be really passive. A lot of the time, they may just c/f the Turn. If he bets 3/4 on the Turn again, I would probably call, given how draw heavy the board is.

I think many of your statements are merely assumptions. We don't really know for sure and we are IP, so why not just call and decide later on?

Thanks.