[NL2-NL10] SH NL10 - T9s

• MoneyStef
      MoneyStef
      Bronze
      Villain is reggish, niet superbad, not really good neither.

Pre-flop call or 3bet? Or fold?

Do we go broke on the flop with our pair + straight draw + flush draw?

PartyGaming - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

BTN: 200.6 BB
      SB: 149.3 BB
      Hero (BB): 113.3 BB
      UTG: 111.4 BB
      MP: 201.7 BB
      CO: 291.4 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has 9:heart: T:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to 3 BB, fold, fold, Hero calls 2 BB

Flop: (6.5 BB, 2 players) T:spade: Q:heart: J:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets 4 BB, Hero raises to 13 BB, CO raises to 31 BB, Hero raises to 110.3 BB and is all-in, CO calls 79.3 BB
  • 4 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi moneystef,

Preflop we can go either way but 3-betting may make the hand easier to play.

As played what do you expect villain to 3 bet? Do you expect bluffs or let's say worse draws?

Have you run an equitable to find your equity? I think that our stack is light given that I doubt villain ever 3bet folds.
    • Alan883
      Alan883
      Bronze
      Now this is an opposite of previous hand i was replying to you with KQ.

No we can 3 bet for fold equity plus we will have nice hand to play postflop. We still can get hand with cbetting plus we can hit pretty decent hand on flop. We can also just play check/fold flop if board is to dangerous. It is a bit easier to play for us like that since our hand will hardly be dominated by QT, KT or even AT since probably most of them will fold preflop. And also if our hand is dominateid we will hardly overplay it.

As played i would do the same mistake as you do i guess :f_biggrin: :f_biggrin:
    • MoneyStef
      MoneyStef
      Bronze
      Hi,

Against the following range, I have 44.5% equity
      TT+,AKs,QJs,JTs,98s,AKo

The pot will be let's say the pot would be 215 (rake already substracted), and after my check-raise, I have to put in 97 BBs. Pot-odds are 45%.

So my move is approx break even? Do you agree with the range that I gave villain?

Btw, I agree with the 3bet pre-flop making the hand easier to play ;) .
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by MoneyStef
      Hi,

Against the following range, I have 44.5% equity
      TT+,AKs,QJs,JTs,98s,AKo

The pot will be let's say the pot would be 215 (rake already substracted), and after my check-raise, I have to put in 97 BBs. Pot-odds are 45%.

So my move is approx break even? Do you agree with the range that I gave villain?

Btw, I agree with the 3bet pre-flop making the hand easier to play ;) .
      Yeh, you can add a few more 2p combos (like QT) and K9s for a made straight.

We also have to consider that the rake factors in so it adds about 2.5% to your needed equity. So in best case (if he never folds) we are breakeven.

IF he can ever bluff our shove becomes profitable but I don't see many people bluffing there.