[NL20-NL50] nl20 sh KK

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

UTG: $22.80 (114 bb)
      Hero (MP): $20 (100 bb)
      CO: $10 (50 bb)
      BTN: $35.77 (178.9 bb)
      SB: $35.47 (177.4 bb)
      BB: $20.30 (101.5 bb)

Preflop: Hero is MP with K K
      UTG folds, Hero raises to $0.70, CO calls $0.70, BTN folds, SB calls $0.60, BB folds

Flop: ($2.30) 7 8 5 (3 players)
      SB bets $2.30, hero???

i don't know if villain has bluffs in his range after pot donking... can i raise for value here? if i raise i'm not sure if he will call me with some draw or whatever so i don't know if it's turning my hand into a bluff

if i don't raise and just call instead i will almost certainly face a turn barrel on probably every card and i dont know if i should call flop just to fold the turn (when i know i'll be facing a bet anyway), so i'd have to call the turn as well. then there are a ton of rivers i hate.

ty
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop is hyper coordinated with 78s/46s/55/77/88/Th9h etc. Raising here would just isolate you vs the upper end of his range.

After you consider the fact that SB is potting, and he is leading in a 3way pot, we should be kind of afraid already with KK. Of course I'm not going to tell you to fold KK right away, but I would be prepared to let go of my hand on bad cards falling on the Turn and River.

Of course our hand is going to be face up as something like a draw or overpair if we choose not to raise on this flop or turn, so you should be somewhat prepared to call down on blank run outs if all the draws missed.

Thanks.