Standard (Simple?) Situation vs Fish

• Itsnevereasy
      Itsnevereasy
      Bronze
      Say the fish who we have no history with limps in HJ, everyone folds and we Isolate from the bb with AK to 5bb with 100bb effective stacks. He calls.

Flop comes K72.

Whats our best line?

When I'm autopiloting, i just bet three streets for 2/3 or 3/4 pot basically. But I am sure there is a better way of playing this hand. Maybe with some overbets to extract from Kx or inducing bets to make him bluff with garbage. What do you think is the optimal line?

How does your answer change if we have AA/QQ? AA means he has more kings in his range, while with QQ we are obviously beat by all kings.
  • 2 replies
    • TetraQuark
      TetraQuark
      Bronze
      Not exactly the same scenario as u represented but ...

Betsizing vs fish

...hope it helps.
    • getdotacom
      getdotacom
      Black
      Against some random fish I rather go something around 60% 3 streets. Most of them will find a fold to large bets on the turn with 7x and they can fold Kx on the river as well. I think it depends on limit u play as well, but I think they don't call big bets with weak hands in midstakes nowadays. It's much harder to stack a fish by valuebetting than by bluffcatching actually. So I rather go small 3 streets and hope he calls down with 7x or makes some weird raise. And we gain more value from his weaker hands than we lose from his Kx this way IMO.