[NL20-NL50] NL50 (HU)62o bottom pair vs flop raise

• AchillesBG
      AchillesBG
      Gold
      On Game, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 2 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $50 (100 bb)
      Hero (SB): $50 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with 2:heart: 6:spade:
      Hero raises to $1.50, BB calls $1

Flop: ($3) K:heart: J:club: 2:spade: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.88, BB raises to $4, Hero raises to $10, BB calls $6

Turn: ($23) T:diamond: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

River: ($23) 7:club: (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero checks

Unknown. 3rd hand on a new table.

On the flop, i don`t think he has KK/JJ, i block 22, I assume he is not raising TP for value wiothout dynamics, so he can value raise only KJ/K2s? I don`t want to call, so i though my hand is good enought to reraise and make him fold his equity + i have some outs if i get called?

Is it ok play, or i should just fold without any reads?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

I would start by min-raising Preflop.

As played just bet/fold, you are pretty much at the bottom of your range so I don't see any reason why you should try to play back at him with minimal reads.

You can even opt for a delayed cbet, the double broadway board isn't exactly the best for putting in a cbet bluff. But you have bottom pair, so I slightly prefer betting the Flop.

You know, I actually do use your play quite a bit, and villain will turn his hand face up by flatting your small 3bet (I usually just make it 2X). Then you can opt to bluff catch on blank rivers.

But this is not the board to do it on. You would never play KK/JJ/KJ in this way cos you would probably just call in position.

If the board was T82ss, then I could see an argument for 3betting the Flop, since calling bottom pair and potentially facing multi-barrels doesn't seem like a good idea to me.

Thanks.