BB ($1.07)
      UTG ($0.91)
      UTG+1 ($2)
      Hero ($2.27)
      MP1 ($0.46)
      CO ($0.92)
      BTN ($0.39)

Dealt to Hero A:heart: Q:club:

UTG raises to $0.08, fold, Hero calls $0.08, fold, CO calls $0.08, fold, fold, fold

FLOP ($0.27) 8:diamond: 7:heart: Q:spade:

UTG checks, Hero bets $0.14, CO calls $0.14, UTG folds

TURN ($0.55) 8:diamond: 7:heart: Q:spade: 6:diamond:

Hero bets $0.32, CO calls $0.32

RIVER ($1.19) 8:diamond: 7:heart: Q:spade: 6:diamond: 6:heart:

Hero bets $0.57, CO calls $0.38 (AI)
      Hero shows A:heart: Q:club: (Pre 46%, Flop 1.6%, Turn 0.0%)CO shows 8:heart: 8:club: (Pre 54%, Flop 98.4%, Turn 100.0%)CO wins $1.86

UTG is 17/17 AF inf over 60 hands
      CO was rather unknown but seemed on looser side and def passive(turned out to be like that later when I got some hands on him)

I dont want to 3bet his UTG raise here as I think my hand will be decent vs his opening range but not good vs his 3bet calling range or shoves (his openings from EP are 19/19...total stats are lower because he didnt play a single hand in blinds)

On flop I bet for value
      On the turn I size my bet so I can comfortably get his stack by the river on a safe card, if he has shown agression here Id fold without problem
      River seems not to change allot so I just get him in

allot of times vs these kind of players you can turn profit with just value betting, was my play here correct and I just got the top end of his calling range or did I make a mistake somewhere?
  • 1 reply
    • mbml

Preflop: I could find a fold immediately. AQ isn't even doing too well vs UTG's range, and you have like 5 or more people left to act behind you. Without too strong of a hand (relative to UTG and others), with no initiative, and possibly no position if someone else behind you calls, I don't see anything great that can happen for you.

However, UTG is a half stack, so he's probably weaker than usual. That is going well for you I suppose so calling could be fine.

Flop: We are readless on both players, but we know both are half stackers, which probably means they are both really bad.

TPTK is like the nuts here, esp with 50bb effective stack sizes. No other play but to keep betting.