Hero ($2.78)
      UTG ($0.87)
      UTG+1 ($1.61)
      UTG+2 ($0.98)
      MP1 ($1.98)
      CO ($2.20)
      BTN ($3.49)

Dealt to Hero J:diamond: J:heart:

fold, fold, fold, fold, fold, BTN raises to $0.08, fold, Hero raises to $0.26, BTN raises to $1, fold

BTN wins $0.53

BU is 29/6 over 50 hands
      looking at his stats he only was a PFR on EP and BU, but that might be just because of his small sample...what I was looking here was 6% PFR total when I was playing

I 3bet for value because he is probably opening wide from late position...though it might be he doesnt even think about positions...when he 4bets me this big I fold because his open raise wasnt really that big and he probably just looks at his hands and not positions, so I give him credit of KK+ and move on...
  • 1 reply
    • mbml

while I usually don't advocate 3bet/folding with hands (usually I say 3bet/5bet or just flat preflop), I think in this particular instance, given that

1) You are deep so stacking off seems worse
      2) I think he hardly 4bets light, so you isolate yourself vs QQ+/AK which crushes JJ
      3) I think stack depth causes him to call with a ton of worse hands, like he should since he's a fish.

I think your play is fine. One thing I would like to point out though, is his low PFR. Of course if he still raises a fairly wide range in the BU with a 20%+ range, then 3b is still fine. If his open range is very tight in the first place due to low PFR, then I would consider just calling preflop and not 3betting to isolate myself vs the top of his range.