NL Holdem $0.20(BB) Replayer
      SB ($20.10)
      BB ($21.48)
      UTG ($21.63)
      UTG+1 ($24.31)
      CO ($8.99)
      Hero ($28.24)

Dealt to Hero J:spade: K:heart:

fold, fold, CO raises to $0.40, Hero raises to $1.40, fold, BB calls $1.20, fold

FLOP ($3.30) 9:heart: 2:club: 9:club:

BB checks, Hero bets $2.20, BB calls $2.20

TURN ($7.70) 9:heart: 2:club: 9:club: 6:diamond:

BB checks, Hero checks

RIVER ($7.70) 9:heart: 2:club: 9:club: 6:diamond: 4:club:

BB bets $4, Hero folds

CO was a complete fish and I raise KJo on the BTN for value.

Anonymous tables, I now do not have exact stats on BB (and therefore don't expect a definite answer), but he was kind of nitty TAG if i recall correctly, something like 13/11.

First of all, not sure if I like my c-bet. I did that with intention to fold out AK, AQs.

As played, I actually was so tempted to raise river to ~17$... By cold calling a 3bet that guy basically has QQ, JJ, TT, AK, AQs. The way he played it screams like JJ or QQ.

I think with a nice raise on the river, I get him to fold those. I rep flushes well, he might also be scared of trips even though I do not have many 9's in my range... But decided not to attempt it and give it for evaluation.

Thank you!
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

By default, we can put BB on a pocketpair or AK/AQ fairly often without reads.

As a result, we should not bet this particular flop. AQ/AK/pairs are never folding. If you want to bet, be prepared to put in multiple barrels.

Raising river is spew, why would u not barrel the Turn with a flush draw?

Thanks.
    • Pkrpains
      Pkrpains
      Bronze
      Umm, I can definitely see myself not barreling the turn with flushdraw in this particular spot vs his pocket pair-heavy range on that turn, where I do not expect many folds from the hands mentioned before, thus taking a free card. But maybe I am wrong.

So it's okay that I did not attempt that. Thank you. :heart:
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Maybe he doesn't fold them on the Turn. but he could fold them on the river.

If you are not automatically barreling every Turn and River, then villain is not going to automatically call down every Turn and River bet from you right?

You also add some bluffs to your 3barrel range, which allows you to get paid off more often in the future with your AA/KK.