[NL2-NL10] SH NL10 - QQ overpair with strange plays

• MoneyStef
      Not sure what range to put villains on here. Min raise can be a semi-strong hand or a monster. The other one cold calling is strange, could be a PP.

What range would you take for the villains here? I think they could be a bit fishy given the stacksizes.

Do we go broke on the flop?

Btw thanks for the excellent judging of my previous hands.

PartyGaming - $0.10 NL FAST (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 4

Hero (BTN): 107.3 BB
      SB: 76.6 BB
      BB: 96.5 BB
      UTG: 90.7 BB
      MP: 100 BB
      CO: 179.9 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:spade: Q:heart:

fold, fold, fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, SB raises to 5 BB, BB calls 4 BB, Hero raises to 20 BB, SB calls 15 BB, BB calls 15 BB

Flop: (60 BB, 3 players) 6:diamond: 4:club: 2:club:
      SB checks, BB checks, Hero bets 31 BB, SB raises to 56.6 BB and is all-in, BB raises to 76.5 BB and is all-in, Hero calls 45.5 BB
  • 1 reply
    • mbml

since both of them did not ship preflop, I would think that QQ is the nut overpair here. Occasionally we see KK here but I think AA is almost never in their ranges.

If they have a set, so be it. The board is kind of low, and there are so many lower overpairs or maybe draws which would stack off here. I will happily get the money in and be happy about it.

Since they are both fishes, their ranges are not necessarily narrowly defined and restricted to the typical range of pocket pairs and AQ/KQs/AJs here, it could contain even more speculative hands.