Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:club: T:spade:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, BTN calls 3 BB, fold, fold

Flop: (7.5 BB, 2 players) 9:diamond: 9:heart: 5:spade:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 5.6 BB, Hero raises to 14 BB, BTN calls 8.4 BB

Turn: (35.5 BB, 2 players) K:diamond:
      Hero checks, BTN bets 20 BB, Hero calls 20 BB

River: (75.5 BB, 2 players) 2:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN checks

Hero shows T:club: T:spade: (Two Pair, Tens and Nines) (Pre 81%, Flop 82%, Turn 91%)
      BTN shows 8:spade: 7:spade: (One Pair, Nines) (Pre 19%, Flop 18%, Turn 9%)
      Hero wins 70.5 BB

42 hands, VPiP 12, no info

Is check raise ok here? I notice when I check raise on low cards board people dont fold.
      I dont think he has 9x, 55 so often, and he can call with all PP, or even overcards.
      Bet small river? I wanted to let him bluff one more time.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Don't you think c/r-ing TT is overplay? If you had something like AA or KK perhaps I could still find arguments for supporting such a play.

TT is way too weak, and we don't want to bloat up the pot too much with such a weak hand. You should just bet the Flop, and hope he floats you with some Ace highs or lower pocket pairs.

Thanks.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      But I have a feeling that they fold much more often to normal cbet than to check raise. And with TT i am crashing his range. Why would I be afraid here of JJ, QQ, KK, AA, he would 3 bet those hands. Whats the difference if I have AA, KK, I can be only afraid here of 55 or 9x, and if he has it I am far behind with TT equally as with AA, KK ? And overcards he folds probably, and continues PP which are most worse than mine. I didnt plan to play bet turn and river until all in, but maybe final pot to be 100BB.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      What would you do if he reraised or put a ton of pressure on you later on? I'm sure you would be completely lost.

Also I would like to point out something.

[Quote]42 hands, VPiP 12, no info[/quote]"But I have a feeling that they fold much more often to normal cbet than to check raise"

I think you shouldn't make such blanket statements. U know nothing about him at all, you have no reason to believe that this is true.

Another thing to point out is that people still do slowplay JJ/QQ some % of the time, and maybe even Aa/KK. It's not that much but you cannot completely rule out these hands from your opponent's range.

Also when you have TT, your opponent cannot have TT himself. If you have AA, you beat TT/JJ.