[NL20-NL50] nl20 TT set

• DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      $0.10/$0.20 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

MP: $17.26 (86.3 bb)
      CO: $20 (100 bb)
      BTN: $40.14 (200.7 bb)
      SB: $20.02 (100.1 bb)
      Hero (BB): $20 (100 bb)
      UTG: $16.71 (83.6 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T T
      UTG calls $0.20, MP raises to $1, CO folds, BTN calls $1, SB folds, Hero calls $0.80, UTG calls $0.80

Flop: ($4.10) T J Q (4 players)
      hero???

what should my plan be in this spot? seems like a pretty messed up board. JJ got there, QQ got there and AK got there. not sure what to do...

ty
  • 3 replies
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Heya,

You just have to realize you are quite far from the nuts here and play accordingly. You have a very strong hand ofc and can put in money but now you have to think about manipulating your opponent's ranges a bit. I would lead here because I think check/raising gets it in vs better too often when you have bottom set. Don't forget the many combo draws there, K9s, 89s for the made straights not just better sets and AK. If you c/r I think they automatically have a reasonably wide range to continue vs you that beats you. If you lead, you get called down by 2 pair everytime.

I don't think I'd bet/fold but I still want to make sure I put in a lot of money vs as wide and weak range as possible. This is to considered when you have the nuts as well just that in such a spot, you don't care about better hands you only have to worry about getting money in. This is about the same with the extra 'problem' of better hands being quite possible.
    • DrDunne
      DrDunne
      Bronze
      i did lead here and i got raised so i just folded. i figured weaker hands will call and i doubt there are gunna be many bluffs in this sort of spot. you're bet/calling here?
    • EmanuelC16
      EmanuelC16
      Bronze
      Nah, I prob bet/call and play later.. It's close a bit though.. Thing is you have equity vs more combos than you don't like AK, 89, K9, QJ... You are only really worried about JJ, QQ so I'd bet/call and get it in on good turns usually. You have to be aware of opponents being aggressive enough though and at NL20 I don't think it will be a big difference between your line and getting it in on good turns.