Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:club: 8:club:

UTG raises to 3 BB, MP calls 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (10.5 BB, 3 players) 4:club: 4:diamond: A:heart:
      UTG bets 6.9 BB, fold, Hero calls 6.9 BB

Turn: (24.3 BB, 2 players) 3:club:
      UTG checks, Hero checks

River: (24.3 BB, 2 players) Q:spade:
      UTG checks, Hero bets 12.1 BB, fold

Hero shows A:club: 8:club: (Two Pair, Aces and Fours)
      Hero wins 22.7 BB

14 hands on him VpiP 29

Is call flop ok? My kicker wins only against bluff. Is it necessary to bet river? He obviously doesnt have A nor 4x, I hoped he hitted Qx.
  • 5 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I'd only call preflop if MP was huge fish. Just fold. A8 doesn't really play good at all.

I'd fold the flop here.
      I doubt he bluffs often being three-way and we just beat a bluff.

As played, checking back the turn is fine.

I think the river is a bet here and your sizing is good.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      You could probably steal here, i dont like the call when its 3way.. plus give sodds behind for someone to steal or to even flat with allot..

the flop.. Can be raised imo.. but would love a discussion about this..

my reasons being.. hes opening allot of QJ,QK,PPs etc.. that he cant really carry on here.. if you are to raise the flop.. you are to bet the turn also.. and shipping the river..

Depends on the stats.. :)
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Originally posted by Spungeh
      You could probably steal here, i dont like the call when its 3way.. plus give sodds behind for someone to steal or to even flat with allot..

the flop.. Can be raised imo.. but would love a discussion about this..

my reasons being.. hes opening allot of QJ,QK,PPs etc.. that he cant really carry on here.. if you are to raise the flop.. you are to bet the turn also.. and shipping the river..

Depends on the stats.. :)

What is the point of raise? Do you consider it for value, or as bluff?
      I would rather raise here with 22 than with A8, because with 22 I have 2 outs with which when I hit I win, and with A8, when he calls we have 0 outs if there is one card higher than 8. That raise would never be for value, because only better Ax, 4x call, and never even KK.
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      We can't really raise the flop bet the turn and ship the river considering his stack size.

Also, I don't really like the idea of trying to make somebody fold a hand like AT/AJ on this board since it will rarely happen.
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Oopps.. I didnt look at his stack size :D

well you arnt getting a fold from AJ etc.. But i never said these hands..

KK isnt ever calling here, I think people call with KK here so much that it makes it profitable..

You turn your hand into a bluff.

EDIT: Also fi they dont call KK here.. then its -EV for them.. we dont have that many Ax hands in our combo that are worse c/r..

I think you'd be surprised how often people are to fold in this spot.. or shove over you with QQ,KK.

I also dont think he has allot of 4x hands in his range.. So I dont think he can have that enough.. People giving people to much respect..

EDIT 2 : with his stack size, id happily shove that turn.. he is behind so often, and with nut FD we have a fair amount of outs to win that hand anyway.. And he doesnt have A4 etc.. enough here.