Video Suggestions for Boomer

• Boomer2k10
      Boomer2k10
      Bronze
      Hi Guys

As i continue to make videos for the site I am often found wondering if I'm meeting everyone's needs

I've tried to strike a balance with Micro Surgery, Logic Knot and Balancing the Scales (as well as live stuff and User Reviews) but obviously I'd like to make sure you guys are getting what you want

So if you guys have any requests going forward please post them in this thread
  • 4 replies
      Bronze
      I think Micro Surgery is amazing and just awesome. But as i see most guys here from 2c/4c to 1/2 . perhaps you could make a new series with micros. like "how do we start our FL career on the micros and go up" I know its been used a couple of times and even in micro surgery .. but im not talking 0.5/1 i really mean 2c/4c. (I have a friend who is about to start 2c/4c and FL first time ever. and I honestly have no idea how to "coach" him like i give him a hand chart and just like "follow this" and hes like "what?"

you get what i mean, hopefully you can get some ideas out of my rant hehe
    • JLeitmotiv
      JLeitmotiv
      Bronze
      I have a couple of suggestions!

1.- Reading. I've seen a couple of your videos (the free ones :( ) and you have awesome reads. I take notes, but I cannot READ them. I mean, my note taking is just writing down the board, the other guy's hand, the situation and the line he took. I think we all agree that's not a read, that's a simple note.

2.- "Make your own videos". Basically, I know that not anyone is fit to analyse situations like you coaches do, but using equilab+combonator is really hard for me. To complete a good vidéothèque, I think we should have, apart from the 40 mins video analysing 4 hands/typical situations (overcards on low boards vs LP guys, low pp vs LAGTAG), a slightly shorter (say 20 min video) inviting the viewer to analyse, by her/himself a lot of situations, explaining why they are important, how they can bucket a lot of different situations and how often do they arise.

3.- BUCKETING! I'd really love to see a video about bucketing. To everyone that isn't a strayed nerd like me, I'll mention the Polaris (AI player) way to play a hand. She (I like to think the robot as a female) doesn't see AJ on J92 rainbow board, she just sees a robust TPTK. This is an easy example of bucketing, but being available to know how to efficiently bucket situations and how to extrapolate the acquired knowledge to live play is, I think, paramount for any poker player (yes, I wanted to insert the word paramount somehow, don't blame me :D )
    • kavboj84
      kavboj84
      Gold
      Well you made videos about balancing, what about making videos about the exploitative side of poker now I mean not about exploiting the most obvious mistakes of the fish, but finding and exploiting small leaks of somewhat better players.
    • floaty
      floaty
      Bronze
      Originally posted by kavboj84
      Well you made videos about balancing, what about making videos about the exploitative side of poker now I mean not about exploiting the most obvious mistakes of the fish, but finding and exploiting small leaks of somewhat better players.
      would like that to :f_grin: