BB: 129.2 BB
      UTG: 41.5 BB
      MP: 15.1 BB
      CO: 109.1 BB
      BTN: 194.4 BB
      Hero (SB): 100.5 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has K:diamond: J:diamond:

fold, MP calls 1 BB, CO raises to 2 BB, fold, Hero raises to 7 BB, fold, MP calls 6 BB, CO calls 5 BB

Flop: (22 BB, 3 players) 9:heart: K:spade: 9:diamond:
      Hero checks, MP checks, CO checks

Turn: (22 BB, 3 players) 6:diamond:
      Hero bets 10 BB, fold, CO calls 10 BB

River: (42 BB, 2 players) K:heart:
      Hero checks, CO bets 30 BB, Hero raises to 83.5 BB and is all-in, CO calls 53.5 BB

CO shows 6:spade: 9:spade: (Full House, Nines full of Kings) (Pre 36%, Flop 86%, Turn 95%)
      Hero shows K:diamond: J:diamond: (Full House, Kings full of Nines) (Pre 64%, Flop 14%, Turn 5%)
      Hero wins 195.1 BB

MP 90 hands, VPiP 40, CO, 12 hands VPiP 80

Is sqeeze ok? I would call all in, I dominate their range.
      On flop I dont cbet because they mostly fold, and I dont have 3 value streets. So I planned to bet turn and river, or call if they bet.
      Is river check raise ok?
      He could call turn with fd, and try to bluff me on river and also he could have 9x, 66, or he could simply float turn with plan to bluff river.
  • 6 replies
    • kymupa
      kymupa
      Bronze
      Hello,

I'd rather just flat here since it's suited.

I like checking the flop here.
      As you said, we are not likely to take three streets of value so definitely checking is a good option here.

As played, I'd bet more on the turn - like 13-14bb.

On the river I prefer betting myself here rather than checking and hoping he bluffs something random.
      I think he's calling with PPs and ace high most of the time here.

Best,
      Plamen
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      If you put him on 9x and 66 only when he calls the turn then you really should be check folding the turn. You should IMO bet the flop, bet the turn, and shove the river.
      If you are raised at any of these stages then you should fold.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Originally posted by Spungeh
      If you put him on 9x and 66 only when he calls the turn then you really should be check folding the turn. You should IMO bet the flop, bet the turn, and shove the river.

I definetely dont put him only on 9x, 6x, but also any PP, any overcards, he is fish.
      Thats why I check raised, because 9x, 66 Kx, goes all in anyway, and, and I wanted to get value by letting him bluff with air (because my bet on turn was small size with intention).
      Also if he is thinking opponent, and if I bet large he would just call 66, 9x, because he loses against any Kx, and this way we went all in.
    • Spungeh
      Spungeh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mlatasrb

I definetely dont put him only on 9x, 6x, but also any PP, any overcards, he is fish.
      Thats why I check raised, because 9x, 66 Kx, goes all in anyway, and, and I wanted to get value by letting him bluff with air (because my bet on turn was small size with intention).
      Also if he is thinking opponent, and if I bet large he would just call 66, 9x, because he loses against any Kx, and this way we went all in.
      If hes a huge fish, he wont ever be folding a 9 anyway.. so you should just check down, and then bet out on the river.. Not saying how is played is wrong.. just getting up a discussion for other possible ways of playing the hand..

Do you ever think he is playing A6 like this ?
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Originally posted by mlatasrb

If hes a huge fish, he wont ever be folding a 9 anyway.. so you should just check down, and then bet out on the river.. Not saying how is played is wrong.. just getting up a discussion for other possible ways of playing the hand..

Do you ever think he is playing A6 like this ?

Yes, I think he could play A6 like this. And not only that, but any kind of PP, or even total air. I would not like to play here bet bet shove as you suggested, because that line looks strong and he could hardly call with worse all streets. I would play that line with AK, AA, here my kicker is so weak. The intention of 3bet was to win pot immediately, or to win with cbet. Sometimes when I hit, I can get some additional BB, but I dont plan to play for big pots with KJs unless I have 2 Pair and stronger.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop: I think 3betting KJs for pure value is fine. He plays 80% VPIP and KJ crushes that range hard. I also prefer to 3bet cos we can get it headsup with initiative more often as opposed to having to play 3way without initiative.

Flop: I think you can just cbet AK and KQ for value. With KJ, I am not too sure whether we can go for 3 streets of value. I think checking is definitely an option here.

Turn: Standard to bet now, we probably have the best hand.

River: I think c/r seems good. villain hardly has 9X cos we presume that he bets that a lot on the Flop. Of course if villain has 9X a lot, he doesn't necessarily bet those on the River when the king pairs so we could just value bet right away with the better full house. But if he bets 9X for thin value vs our QQ/AA type of hands, then c/r becomes way better.

Betting is mostly better if he has some AX/pocket pairs that he could possibly choose to bluff catch against on the River. We don't have enough reads for this. If he had something like 6X or 88 here, it's better to let him bluff with his counterfeited pair.

We are splitting vs KX anyway, we crush 9X, and we get to induce from busted diamonds or 78s.

In conclusion, I think your play was fine.

Thanks.