Flop: (6.5 BB, 2 players) 4:diamond: K:heart: 3:heart:
      BB checks, Hero bets 5 BB, BB calls 5 BB

Turn: (16.5 BB, 2 players) 9:spade:
      BB checks, Hero bets 12.3 BB, BB calls 12.3 BB

River: (41.1 BB, 2 players) 8:heart:
      BB bets 20.5 BB, fold

BB wins 38.4 BB

1.1 k hands, VPiP 19, PFR 12 3b 4, FCB 59, AF on all streets 2

Is river fold ok? I think I could win here maybe once in 100 times in best case if he missclicked. I would also fold with top set or straight
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop: looks a bit loose from UTG. is everyone a nit at the table? At least button seems on the fishy side so I don't really like our open as much.

Flop/turn: both look fine and villains range is mostly Kx or draws.

River: this one is interesting. He is representing a flush or a block bet with Kx. You have a ton of hands on him, do you expect him to block bet a hand like AK/KQ/KJ/KT ? I added AK because he doesn't 3-bet much and we opened UTG so he may not 3-bet that.

We need him to block bet 1 in 4 times so without a good reason to think he could I agree with the fold.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      I play 3-4 tables speed poker in ipoker, and I have 10 seconds to react, so I usually dont look the stats of people for each hand before flop when I open raise.
      I know it would help me a lot, but it is so borring and stressfull with so little time :)
      So I open raise with 34s by default in NL10 from UTG also, because people dont 3bet so much, when they call they fold to cbet often enough, and 34s is playable hand.

"We need him to block bet 1 in 4 times so without a good reason to think he could I agree with the fold."

As I said so fair I think I never saw in NL10 a block bet with Kx when the flush comes. People are so afraid when flush comes, that they dont even bet anymore with sets. And this block bet seems to be big. And he would aslo be afraid with less than AK if I have AK, or flush or set or two pair.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      I think it's your best interest to try and learn to look at least at the guys left to act before taking an action. With practice this can be done in less than 2 seconds.

Our opening ranges should at least slightly depend on the people left to act. I agree that at 10nl people may be more passive and we can get away with just opening our "standard" range but as you move up you will run into problems.

And I agree with your block bet at 10nl thing. That's what I'm suspecting as well so folding isn't terrible by any means. 1/2 pot is not necessarily that big of a block bet.