BB: 6.9 BB
      UTG: 42 BB
      MP: 46.2 BB
      CO: 151.4 BB
      BTN: 88.6 BB
      Hero (SB): 162.9 BB

Hero posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:diamond: J:club:

fold, MP raises to 2 BB, fold, fold, Hero raises to 7 BB, fold, MP calls 5 BB

Flop: (15 BB, 2 players) J:heart: 4:club: K:diamond:
      Hero checks, MP bets 5 BB, Hero calls 5 BB

Turn: (25 BB, 2 players) K:club:
      Hero checks, MP bets 34.2 BB, Hero calls 34.2 BB

River: (93.4 BB, 2 players) 8:diamond:

MP shows Q:heart: 9:spade: (One Pair, Kings) (Pre 37%, Flop 27%, Turn 16%)
      Hero shows A:diamond: J:club: (Two Pair, Kings and Jacks) (Pre 63%, Flop 73%, Turn 84%)
      Hero wins 87.2 BB

4 hands on him, no info except that he looks fishy by stack

IS call down ok? I am not afraid of Kx on turn when it is paired and his bets sizes doesnt make sense.
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Mlatasrb,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Without info on the fish I prefer to be the one betting the flop.

As played the turn is a call given his super large bet on that Kx. I doubt he ever takes that line with a Kx and the best I think he has is a Jx and we beat all of them.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Mlatasrb,

As played the turn is a call given his super large bet on that Kx. I doubt he ever takes that line with a Kx and the best I think he has is a Jx and we beat all of them.
      Totally agree :)
      It is interesting that other coatches mostly say when somebody bets so big that I should fold without info on villian, but to me so big bet is mostly bluff with draw, because people dont want to scare weaker hands with huge bets.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Mlatasrb,

Totally agree :)
      It is interesting that other coatches mostly say when somebody bets so big that I should fold without info on villian, but to me so big bet is mostly bluff with draw, because people dont want to scare weaker hands with huge bets.
      In some spots (we can even say the average spot) big bets mean strength.

But here small bet (1/3 pot) followed by overbet shove turn on a blank makes 0 sense.