Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.10(BB) Replayer
      BB ($49.83)
      ($8.77)
      UTG ($15.47)
      Hero ($10)

Dealt to Hero J:club: J:heart:

fold, UTG raises to $0.30, Hero raises to $1, BB raises to $2.50, fold, Hero raises to $10 (AI), BB calls $7.50

FLOP ($20.30) 2:club: T:club: 5:spade:

TURN ($20.30) 2:club: T:club: 5:spade: 5:diamond:

RIVER ($20.30) 2:club: T:club: 5:spade: 5:diamond: K:club:

BB shows A:club: A:diamond:
      (Pre 81%, Flop 91.6%, Turn 95.5%)

Hero shows J:club: J:heart:
      (Pre 19%, Flop 8.4%, Turn 4.5%)

BB wins $19.30

UTG

BB

Both played only 1 table, and obviously bb had such a big stack rather points to lucky loose broke pre, considering how often tables get abandoned i rather doubt he is a reg who is playing one table for better half of a day.
  • 5 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

The 3bet vs UTG is very standard, given how loose he is. Vs BB's cold 4bet, I think you are crushed here and you can fold. The thing at NL10 is that you often see people just flat AQ/JJ/TT, maybe even QQ/AK. When he cold 4bets you here, his range looks a lot like QQ+ so you just get yourself into trouble by shipping.

Just fold, cos you are crushed by this super strong 4bettng range.

Thanks.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      Overall ended up losing 4 bi in this session of course didn't include super standard hands like aq vs kk or another aa vs kk (i had kk both times), and this trend seem to continue, and i play somewhat decent but i lose :I

I would be more inclined to let this one go if he has stack of 100bb or 150bb but 500bb is something you won't get unless you play for a very long time or you get into action often and you win, and considering that usual table least dies in an hour or two, especially fishy ones, can't we include that as a read ?

So we either assume this huge stack playing one table is limited to nuts or that he super aggressive and goes broke loose and also 3/4bets often.
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      I don't think whatever you mentioned in your previous post is too relevant,

Simply put here
      -He made a cold 4bet
      -Cold 4bets at microstakes are super strong
      -JJ is not strong enough to stack off

It's as simple as that. With QQ/AK it gets closer though.
    • Dracsharp
      Dracsharp
      Bronze
      JJ is only 3% weaker than ako in this spot, and he may not be playing strong value at all. However true in order to show profit here he least needs to go broke with TT+,AQs+,AQo+.

I based the decision on his stacksize because mostly 1 tabler "fat" fishes are very aggressive, i would folded if not for his stacksize.

What conclusion would you draw from his stack size ? How relevant is it ?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      That is a very weak read, and I will not place too much weight on it. People just don't cold 4bet light in general. Unless the generalization tends to be true >50% of the time, I generally use much precaution.

And don't forget that I think JJ is going to be a snap fold at NL10 vs a cold 4bet. I would need a huge read that he is 4betting light and I need a lot of reasons to convince me otherwise.

It's not like other stronger reads or stereotypes where he has <100bb (probably a fish 75-85%+ of the time, esp at microstakes), limps preflop, or belongs to one of those well-known aggro countries (scandanavia or Russia) which tend to be more accurate.

"JJ is only 3% weaker"
      3% difference in equity is actually a lot, in the grand scheme of things. Also, note that I stated that I was prepared to fold QQ/AK as well. And I would a lot of the time, unless I had some other good supporting read that he could be aggro.