This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] Qq CO

• HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Grabbed by Holdem Manager
      NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.42)
      BB ($2.12)
      UTG ($1.76)
      UTG+1 ($1.80)
      UTG+2 ($1.55)
      Hero ($2.20)
      BTN ($2)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: Q:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, UTG+2 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.12, fold, SB calls $0.11, BB raises to $0.42, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.30, SB calls $0.30

FLOP ($1.30) 7:diamond: Q:heart: 8:diamond:

SB checks, BB bets $0.62, Hero raises to $1.78 (AI), SB folds, BB folds

Hero shows Q:spade: Q:club:

Hero wins $2.42

BB was unknown at the table at that time
      SB was 46/8 in 15 hands

I raise preflop for value and call because I am in position and the hand is strong enough to call unknowns squeeze out of BB

I basically flop the nuts...and I am not sure have I made a mistake here...BB leads for little less than half pot and being the pot 3way I dont want to slowplay here with flush draw on the board(who knows what the SB entered in pot with here)....so I gotta raise here for value and protection but at the same time any raise size will just leave BB with very little stack here and I thought if he would call a smaller raise that would basically commit him in the pot he would probably call a shove...so I shoved....if the board didnt have a flush draw I would call his bet to try and get value from SB calling too and then I would raise or bet on any turn card
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop could be a 4bet jam or a call. I think i like a jam when the pot id already so big with so much dead money.

As played, on the flop its an easy chk call. We hope he hirs an a or k with ak. He doesnt have too many combos of flushdraws anyway. If u think bb was squeezing the flop light then u have a very easy push preflop. If he has a tight 3bet squeezing range then he almost nv has a flush draw besides AdKd.

Thanks.
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Preflop could be a 4bet jam or a call. I think i like a jam when the pot id already so big with so much dead money.

As played, on the flop its an easy chk call. We hope he hirs an a or k with ak. He doesnt have too many combos of flushdraws anyway. If u think bb was squeezing the flop light then u have a very easy push preflop. If he has a tight 3bet squeezing range then he almost nv has a flush draw besides AdKd.

Thanks.
      this was a 3way flop...you dont even think about the SB here?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Just bcos there are two diamonds on the flop does not mean that your opponents both have the flush draw. Its not going to happen too often.