SB ($2.42)
      BB ($2.12)
      UTG ($1.76)
      UTG+1 ($1.80)
      UTG+2 ($1.55)
      Hero ($2.20)
      BTN ($2)

Dealt to Hero Q:spade: Q:club:

fold, UTG+1 calls $0.02, UTG+2 calls $0.02, Hero raises to $0.12, fold, SB calls $0.11, BB raises to $0.42, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.30, SB calls $0.30

FLOP ($1.30) 7:diamond: Q:heart: 8:diamond:

SB checks, BB bets $0.62, Hero raises to $1.78 (AI), SB folds, BB folds

Hero shows Q:spade: Q:club:

Hero wins $2.42

BB was unknown at the table at that time
      SB was 46/8 in 15 hands

I raise preflop for value and call because I am in position and the hand is strong enough to call unknowns squeeze out of BB

I basically flop the nuts...and I am not sure have I made a mistake here...BB leads for little less than half pot and being the pot 3way I dont want to slowplay here with flush draw on the board(who knows what the SB entered in pot with here)....so I gotta raise here for value and protection but at the same time any raise size will just leave BB with very little stack here and I thought if he would call a smaller raise that would basically commit him in the pot he would probably call a shove...so I shoved....if the board didnt have a flush draw I would call his bet to try and get value from SB calling too and then I would raise or bet on any turn card
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Preflop could be a 4bet jam or a call. I think i like a jam when the pot id already so big with so much dead money.

As played, on the flop its an easy chk call. We hope he hirs an a or k with ak. He doesnt have too many combos of flushdraws anyway. If u think bb was squeezing the flop light then u have a very easy push preflop. If he has a tight 3bet squeezing range then he almost nv has a flush draw besides AdKd.

Thanks.
    • HrabriLavek
      HrabriLavek
      Bronze
      Originally posted by mbml
      Hi.

Preflop could be a 4bet jam or a call. I think i like a jam when the pot id already so big with so much dead money.

As played, on the flop its an easy chk call. We hope he hirs an a or k with ak. He doesnt have too many combos of flushdraws anyway. If u think bb was squeezing the flop light then u have a very easy push preflop. If he has a tight 3bet squeezing range then he almost nv has a flush draw besides AdKd.

Thanks.
      this was a 3way flop...you dont even think about the SB here?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Just bcos there are two diamonds on the flop does not mean that your opponents both have the flush draw. Its not going to happen too often.