Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has Q:heart: Q:club:

fold, Hero raises to 3 BB, fold, BTN calls 3 BB, SB calls 2.5 BB, fold

Flop: (10 BB, 3 players) 2:diamond: 8:club: 4:heart:
      SB bets 7.5 BB, Hero calls 7.5 BB, fold

Turn: (25 BB, 2 players) 3:heart:
      SB bets 18.7 BB, Hero calls 18.7 BB

River: (62.4 BB, 2 players) 9:heart:
      SB checks, Hero bets 46.8 BB, SB calls 46.8 BB

Hero shows Q:heart: Q:club: (One Pair, Queens) (Pre 71%, Flop 78%, Turn 80%)
      SB shows 8:diamond: A:heart: (One Pair, Eights) (Pre 29%, Flop 22%, Turn 20%)
      Hero wins 145.6 BB

SB 101 hands, VPiP 40, PFR 1, donk 33% flop, AF 0.6, 0.8, 1.4

Is my call ok on flop? River ok to bet to get called from TT, 8x, JJ?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Why not just raise flop/turn to maximize value versus 1p type hands? This passive guy will rarely donk without a hand, and that hand can be a pair 8x + and we don't want him to slow down/ fold on overcard turn/river.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi mlatasrb,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: Why not just raise flop/turn to maximize value versus 1p type hands? This passive guy will rarely donk without a hand, and that hand can be a pair 8x + and we don't want him to slow down/ fold on overcard turn/river.

If you raise him on flop, what would be your size considering that there is no need for protection from draws? If he calls, would you bet turn and river until all in? Do we expect him to call all of that with worse than ours? If I would be him, and hitting any set, I would just call, and let opponent think he is ahead, and shove on turn. So he could do the same.

I thought because it is 3 way, and board is 3 low cards, it is likely that he hits set, and if I raise it looks strong in 3way so didn't want to iso against stronger.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by mlatasrb

If you raise him on flop, what would be your size considering that there is no need for protection from draws? If he calls, would you bet turn and river until all in? Do we expect him to call all of that with worse than ours? If I would be him, and hitting any set, I would just call, and let opponent think he is ahead, and shove on turn. So he could do the same.

I thought because it is 3 way, and board is 3 low cards, it is likely that he hits set, and if I raise it looks strong in 3way so didn't want to iso against stronger.

I noticed you play scared with overpairs (from your 25nl KK hand as well). There are only 9 combos of sets and there are so many TP/99-JJ combos in his range. Plus he may not even donk flop with these sets.

I'd make it 18-19 BB or so.