Hero (MP): 146.4 BB
      CO: 86.2 BB
      BTN: 110.9 BB
      SB: 104 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, BB posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has T:heart: A:heart:

UTG raises to 3 BB, Hero calls 3 BB, fold, fold, fold, fold

Flop: (7.5 BB, 2 players) J:spade: 4:heart: K:heart:
      UTG bets 4 BB, Hero raises to 12 BB, UTG raises to 23 BB, Hero calls 11 BB

Turn: (53.5 BB, 2 players) A:diamond:
      UTG bets 30 BB, Hero calls 30 BB

River: (113.5 BB, 2 players) 5:diamond:
      UTG bets 67.8 BB, fold

UTG wins 106 BB

111 hands, VP 24 PFR 20, cbet 100
      No notes

Is my raise ok here IP with 12 outs and maybe even 15 outs?
      I noticed that whenever I raise they almost never fold in general, they call even with worst air. So should I play my strong draws aggresively, or just call flop and turn?
      Should I raise on flop people who dont fold to raises even with TPTK?
  • 3 replies
    • cutegoldfish
      cutegoldfish
      Bronze
      People with tptk generally don't fold to raises even nits. So that's a bad plan unless you have a read that he is capable of folding tptk.

What are you trying to fold out with a raise? Usually you have to follow through with a bet on the turn if you want any pair to fold.

It's fine to put in a raise but you may want to look at his range with relevance to the board. 2 high cards hit utg range very well unless he is very wide like more than 20%.Otherwise if you are looking for a fold you probably have to bet turn and river as well.
    • mlatasrb
      mlatasrb
      Gold
      Originally posted by cutegoldfish
      People with tptk generally don't fold to raises even nits. So that's a bad plan unless you have a read that he is capable of folding tptk.

What are you trying to fold out with a raise? Usually you have to follow through with a bet on the turn if you want any pair to fold.

It's fine to put in a raise but you may want to look at his range with relevance to the board. 2 high cards hit utg range very well unless he is very wide like more than 20%.Otherwise if you are looking for a fold you probably have to bet turn and river as well.

With raise I planned to fold any PP, Jx if possible, AQ. If he calls I am IP, and plan to take free card on turn if my draw doesnt complete. If it does I would probably stack him off because my flush or straight wouldnt be obvious, and this line costs about the same as call flop call turn, but here I have FE. Is it ok postflop plan?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: Raise and play for stacks is probably the "standard" play. Sometimes he 3bet bluffs, we 4bet the Flop and he folds. That's a lot of money in the pot. Sometimes we get it in. We are never in too bad of a shape.

When we flat, we basically told him we are on a draw. He can play very well against us, by check/folding most heart turns and rivers.

If he did flat our flop raise, my plan would be to barrel my stack off if he is not the calling station type of player and is on the nittier side.

Thanks.