NL Holdem $0.02(BB) Replayer
      SB ($2.65)
      BB ($3)
      UTG ($2.27)
      UTG+1 ($2.28)
      Hero ($2)
      BTN ($2)

Dealt to Hero Q:diamond: Q:heart:

UTG raises to $0.06, fold, Hero raises to $0.18, fold, fold, fold, UTG calls $0.12

FLOP ($0.39) K:spade: K:club: 6:diamond:

UTG bets $0.36, Hero folds

UTG wins $0.38

his stats are 65/20 AF 2.3 over 20 hands...

whole evening cards play out like this for me...Im not sure was this situation to put his stack in or was my fold good...he calls my 3bet oop, he probably has Kx in his range here even though he is very loose...
  • 5 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey HrabriLavek,

It is not recommended you 3bet QQ vs an UTG open. It might be ok vs this opponent, but not necessarily.

Your flop fold is probably good - he is unlikely to be bluffing and he is unlikely to be value betting a hand worse than Kx. Donking close to pot-sized on KK6 doesn't really make a lot of sense with anything, but I'd assume he has it in this case.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I'd DEFINITELY go for 3-bet here. Guy seems way too loose and might not think about the position at all, only his own hand. And this is 6-max, so UTG's range is a little bit wider(not much but clearly wider, even with ABC's) than in FR.

So considering that, I can see 3-bet for value good here.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Just a reminder that the most relevant factor is villain's range that continues to a 3bet, not villains range for open raising.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Such a loose villain might continue with quite a wide range here, IMO. Perhaps AT+(AJ+), many pp's, KQ, maybe KJ.. Ofc, hard to say when we don't have more spesific stats, but I definitely think players on NL2 call too much 3-bets Oop with hands that are far worse than ours.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by CPallo
      Such a loose villain might continue with quite a wide range here, IMO. Perhaps AT+(AJ+), many pp's, KQ, maybe KJ.. Ofc, hard to say when we don't have more spesific stats, but I definitely think players on NL2 call too much 3-bets Oop with hands that are far worse than ours.
      Yeah, that's true.

There is always the chance he responds really tightly in which case we'd be in bad shape.

I guess it depends on whether you like to gamble vs an unknown or take the safe option.