This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL25 SH J9s BB defense

• mihninho
      mihninho
      Bronze
      PartyGaming - $0.25 NL (6 max) - Holdem - 4 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

SB: $50.28
      Hero (BB): $25.00
      UTG: $25.35
      BTN: $17.58

SB posts SB $0.10, Hero posts BB $0.25

Pre Flop: ($0.35) Hero has 9:spade: J:spade:

UTG raises to $0.75, fold, fold, Hero calls $0.50

Flop: ($1.60, 2 players) Q:spade: 9:club: 6:spade:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $1.01, Hero raises to $2.50, UTG raises to $7.00, Hero calls $4.50

Turn: ($15.60, 2 players) 9:diamond:
      Hero checks, UTG bets $6.75, Hero ??

So preflop i decided to defend my BB passively against CO raise.200 hands i have with villain he has a VPIP 18 PFR 18 from CO.We will only talk about statistics because i have no note on him.So he cbets 82% on the flop so he can cbet here with all of his range that's why i decided to raise on this flop due to my FD and having also middle pair.He shows strength by also raising my re-reraise so now i'm pretty sure that he has a Q or QQ+, set or even a bigger FD (possibly a OESD).Can i call here expecting a 9 or my FD to complete? He folds to flop raise 33 % but only 3 hands. He has a WTSD of 33%.
  • 1 reply
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Just cr and get it in on the flop. As played when u hit the 9 u have to go broke too. Maybe u can find arguments for flatting again cos u are virtually unafraid of any river. But if u think he coukd have somethibg like aa kk its probably better to cr allin and cooler him.

Thanks.