Hero (BB): 102 BB
      UTG: 36.5 BB
      MP: 100 BB
      CO: 72.8 BB
      BTN: 120 BB
      SB: 36.6 BB

SB posts SB 0.5 BB, Hero posts BB 1 BB

Pre Flop: (pot: 1.5 BB) Hero has A:club: K:club:

fold, fold, fold, fold, SB raises to 2 BB, Hero raises to 6 BB, SB calls 4 BB

Flop: (12 BB, 2 players) 6:diamond: Q:heart: 7:spade:
      SB bets 6 BB, Hero calls 6 BB

Turn: (24 BB, 2 players) 7:diamond:
      SB bets 7 BB, Hero calls 7 BB

River: (38 BB, 2 players) T:spade:
      SB bets 10 BB, Hero calls 10 BB

Hero shows A:club: K:club: (One Pair, Sevens) (Pre 68%, Flop 77%, Turn 86%)
      SB shows 2:spade: 3:heart: (One Pair, Sevens) (Pre 32%, Flop 23%, Turn 14%)
      Hero wins 54.2 BB

7 hands VP 86

I dont know how to play against fish that donks so small size. If I raise their standard line with any hand is call raise, donk small on turn and in the end maybe they fold on river. This way as I played, I was calling station ?
  • 3 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I could call down, too. When he bets so small he represents actually nothing. Surprisingly often you see yourself ahead at SD.

I wouldn't raise him on flop. If that 6 was T or J I COULD try, IF he can fold. High VP doesn't always mean that he goes till the end with everything.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey mlatasrb,

Preflop is fine. You might be able to raise a lot bigger for value vs this opponent.

The first statistic I look at on flop is donk-bet stat, which you probably don't have much of a sample for at this stage. I would probably call flop seeing as your 6 overcard outs are probably live and you have some implied odds should you hit.

I would expect opponent to have a weak pair a lot when he continues betting small on the turn. He can also hold straight-draws/gutshots, turned FD's. I'd probably call again not expecting it to be hugely profitable vs his range. If board was dryer you could fold in this spot.

You need best hand 17% of the time to make the river call. Again, seems unlikely that he's bluffing so small, but you can lose up to 83% of the time vs a pair and still break even. He should have enough random junk for a call to be ok.

You played the hand fine, but I wouldn't expect it to be a hugely profitable situation either.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      About that bet-size.. It depends on the recreational player. Some are balancing their hits by betting small with total air, and then making it pot when they have it.

On river I'd call for sure with that bet-size.