[NL2-NL10] Nl10 Zoom Jj

• elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Bronze
      IPoker, $0.05/$0.10 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

BB: $10.31 (103.1 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $13.83 (138.3 bb)
      MP: $17.25 (172.5 bb)
      CO: $5.85 (58.5 bb)
      BTN: $3.85 (38.5 bb)
      SB: $21.32 (213.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J J
      Hero raises to $0.30, MP calls $0.30, 4 folds

Flop: ($0.75) 6 2 T (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.40, MP raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($2.35) A (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $2.35, Hero folds

Results:
      $2.35 pot ($0.15 rake)
      Final Board: 6 2 T A
      Hero mucked J J and lost (-$1.10 net)
      MP mucked and won $2.20 ($1.10 net)

Vilain is unknown.

:heart: Should I be reraising flop to get value from his Tx hands?
      :heart: I feel fold is ok at turn
  • 5 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Pre-flop, never flat. JJ is so strong hand after all. And what hands would you use to get value from opponent's, if you just flat JJ :p?

Against unk. I'd bet/call and re-evaluate that turn. Usually that kind of a play (flat pre, minr flop) is made with sets, but sometimes people bluff you with some Ax and other overcards, thinking that you don't hit that board too often.

That's why I wouldn't 3-bet that flop. That way you just make his sets to go on and maybe to fold Tx.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      He elchipriota,

It looks to me as if you open-raised preflop rather than flat-call - unless you posted the wrong hand.

Flop call is close. It really depends on villain. Vs a lot of opponents you will be crushed vs sets or in not great shape vs A:sQ type hands. Folding would be fine, probably even the best option.

It may be ok to make the call in some instances, especially if you knew villain would raise Tx IP here. 3betting here is usually a poor choice at these stakes because you isolate yourself against ranges you do poorly against.

When villain pots turn it's usually a good spot to fold. A hand like TJs is not playing this way. Opponent usually has AT or sets, or some type of Ax with FD.
    • elchipriota
      elchipriota
      Bronze
      HI there, I had two similar hands, posted the correct one with a wrong description. Fixed my initial post.

My question is, if I am folding every time on a min reraise there dont I become very exploitable vs Tx hands that seek protection/value on the flop and vilains that play fdraws aggressive?

I agree that in these stakes most of the times min raise = set on that spot.

What is the best line not to be exploited there?

Thank you.
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by elchipriota
      HI there, I had two similar hands, posted the correct one with a wrong description. Fixed my initial post.

My question is, if I am folding every time on a min reraise there dont I become very exploitable vs Tx hands that seek protection/value on the flop and vilains that play fdraws aggressive?

I agree that in these stakes most of the times min raise = set on that spot.

Thank you.
      Against unk. in zoom, don't think about balancing too much. If you spot that some guys are regs, then you can balance against them. But against unknown, rather just give up or make re-evaluations on turn.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach

Yes. Very exploitable. But you are also exploiting villain heavily when you fold every time he has a set. The question is which range does an unknown villain have most often? We assume sets and sometimes monster draws, so we exploit villain by folding.

You should not be worried about being exploitable, simply exploiting your opponents - because this will make you the most money at micro-stakes.

Assuming you were interested in actually becoming un-exploitable in this spot, it really becomes a game theory problem - something more or less irrelevant to micro-stakes games.

We'd look at how often villain needs his potential bluff to work in order to show profit. He's risking $0.80 on the turn to win $1.15.

$0.80 / ($1.15 + $0.80) = 39%

If our opponents bluff works over 39% of the time he generates profit. We'd therefore need to defend 61% of the time to become un-exploitable. We then look at the number of hand combinations we get to the flop with in this scenario and work out which 61% of hands we are defending. We'd then assign them into check/call or check/raise category depending on our strategy.

As you can see game theory says we should be defending pretty often vs a min-raise to prevent ourselves from being exploited.

I typed this to satisfy your curiosity, but as far as I'm concerned it is utterly irrelevant to micro-stakes. :)