Stacks:
      UTG ($27) 270bb
      CO ($12.64) 126bb
      cozacu (BTN) ($10.17) 102bb
      SB ($3.63) 36bb
      BB ($19.33) 193bb

Pre-Flop: ($0.15, 5 players) cozacu is BTN 6:spade: 6:heart:
      UTG raises to $0.40, 1 fold, cozacu calls $0.40, 2 folds

Flop: Q:spade: 4:diamond: 3:club: ($0.95, 2 players)
      UTG bets $0.50, cozacu calls $0.50

Turn: Q:club: ($1.95, 2 players)
      UTG checks, cozacu bets $1.20, UTG calls $1.20

River: J:heart: ($4.35, 2 players)
      UTG checks, cozacu bets $2.80, UTG calls $2.80

Final Pot: $9.95

villain 19/14 af 2.3 cbet 72 ftcbet 36 wtsd 29 (7.9 3bet) 1.1k hands

Flop: based on villain cbet size, he can't have much, i expect my hand to be ahead

Turn: Q doesn't change much, i think about fireing turn+river to get him off hands like 77-TT;

River: I continue with the plan... and i get snap called

What went wrong? I think one of the main problem was my bet size on turn ( i should have made it bigger)

What do you think about betting the turn at all? Should we just check back hoping for a cheep showdown? Or my plan was good, and I only have to bet bigger turn+river?
  • 3 replies
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      I could stabb that turn, he could have some hands that his just giving up.

This time it looked like he was going on ch/call line. If you would have wanted to make him fold, then I'd consider potting here. BUT the best line here is to cback river IMO, many pp will call second barrel here.
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey cozacu,

Originally posted by cozacu
      Flop: based on villain cbet size, he can't have much, i expect my hand to be ahead
      This is a poor assumption to make. Villain should be betting small on such a dry board regardless of how strong his hand is. Vs UTG open I'd fold flop. Even when you are ahead villain has 24% equity against you.

Turn: Q doesn't change much, i think about fireing turn+river to get him off hands like 77-TT;
      Q does change something. It makes it less likely in villain's mind you have a Q. You possibly won't get 77-TT to fold, since you don't represent many strong value hands. You might get a hand like AK/AJ/AT to fold, but you have 88% equity vs these hands anyway. If you do bet you need to bet really small here and hope villain calls one time with AK. No point turning 66 into a bluff when it is good pretty often.

What went wrong? I think one of the main problem was my bet size on turn ( i should have made it bigger)?
      Your plan of firing 2 barrels purely to fold villain off a very narrow part of his range was flawed to begin with. I recommend you bet smaller on the turn and think of it as a thin value bet. Checking back hoping to reach showdown is also a legitimate option.

In terms of bluffing, betting bigger on the turn really makes very little sense. You polarise your range further and make your bluff more expensive at the same time, both of which are bad in this spot.
    • cozacu
      cozacu
      Bronze
      Superb review Jugde, thank you.

Thx for opinion CPallo