noulispa
      Bronze
      CO: $3.50 (70 bb) 31/11/38 hands
      BTN: $5 (100 bb)
      SB: $5.33 (106.6 bb)
      Hero (BB): $6.52 (130.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: T:heart:
      CO calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, CO calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.52) T:club: 8:spade: 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.37, CO calls $0.37

Turn: ($1.26) 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.75, CO calls $0.75

River: ($2.76) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.13 and is all-in, Hero calls $2.13

the opp looks fishy
      on the river i dont like my call the J hits his range QJ KJ type hands str8s i should have ch/fold it instead.. + if i want to call a bet better bet myself ..
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey noulispa,

I don't expect iso-raising ATo oop vs this type of opponent to be hugely profitable in the long-run, but it is definitely fine.

With top-pair-top-kicker your flop + turn value bets are fine. You can get called by worse Tx, straight-draws, and flush draws.

On the river...

Originally posted by noulispa
      if i want to call a bet better bet myself ..
      Actually I hear this a lot but it's a myth. If your opponent is weak and has a wide bluff range, and you have a good bluffcatcher, it would basically always be better to check-call than to bet.

This particular river is awkward because it does connect with your opponent's range. Check/fold is fine. If the river was 2 a check/call here might be great.
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      hey ,

"don't expect iso-raising ATo oop vs this type of opponent to be hugely profitable in the long-run, but it is definitely fine."

I dont really get this he is fishy he is limping from CO (which it might not make huge difference cause he is not to positional aware). But i always iso against one limper with not a super short stack or sth. Why i shouldnt iso raise it ? with a9s a8s its more understandable but i really think its to nitty to just complete? or muck it pre ? (but i see that u say its definitely fine) .
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by noulispa

I dont really get this he is fishy he is limping from CO (which it might not make huge difference cause he is not to positional aware). But i always iso against one limper with not a super short stack or sth. Why i shouldnt iso raise it ? with a9s a8s its more understandable but i really think its to nitty to just complete? or muck it pre ? (but i see that u say its definitely fine) .
      Hey noulispa,

I wouldn't read too much into it.

According to stat he is playing 30% of hands. If we give him a 30% range in equilab and remove the top 11% of hands which he is open-raising --->

Villain 40.92% 38.57% 2.35% 99-22, A9s-A8s, A5s-A2s, KJs-K7s, Q8s+, J8s+, T8s+, 97s+, 86s+, 75s+, 64s+, 54s, 43s, ATo, KJo-KTo, QTo+, JTo

Hero 59.08% 56.74% 2.35% ATo

Coupled with the fact that you are OOP (and may fold best hand more often), + paying rake, you are not going to make a lot of money in this spot. It will still be profitable though more than likely - but it's not like you are crushing his range or anything.