This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL2-NL10] sh ATo BB

• noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      CO: $3.50 (70 bb) 31/11/38 hands
      BTN: $5 (100 bb)
      SB: $5.33 (106.6 bb)
      Hero (BB): $6.52 (130.4 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: T:heart:
      CO calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, CO calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.52) T:club: 8:spade: 5:spade: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.37, CO calls $0.37

Turn: ($1.26) 5:club: (2 players)
      Hero bets $0.75, CO calls $0.75

River: ($2.76) J:club: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $2.13 and is all-in, Hero calls $2.13

the opp looks fishy
      on the river i dont like my call the J hits his range QJ KJ type hands str8s i should have ch/fold it instead.. + if i want to call a bet better bet myself ..
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey noulispa,

I don't expect iso-raising ATo oop vs this type of opponent to be hugely profitable in the long-run, but it is definitely fine.

With top-pair-top-kicker your flop + turn value bets are fine. You can get called by worse Tx, straight-draws, and flush draws.

On the river...

Originally posted by noulispa
      if i want to call a bet better bet myself ..
      Actually I hear this a lot but it's a myth. If your opponent is weak and has a wide bluff range, and you have a good bluffcatcher, it would basically always be better to check-call than to bet.

This particular river is awkward because it does connect with your opponent's range. Check/fold is fine. If the river was 2 a check/call here might be great.
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      hey ,

"don't expect iso-raising ATo oop vs this type of opponent to be hugely profitable in the long-run, but it is definitely fine."

I dont really get this he is fishy he is limping from CO (which it might not make huge difference cause he is not to positional aware). But i always iso against one limper with not a super short stack or sth. Why i shouldnt iso raise it ? with a9s a8s its more understandable but i really think its to nitty to just complete? or muck it pre ? (but i see that u say its definitely fine) .
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by noulispa

I dont really get this he is fishy he is limping from CO (which it might not make huge difference cause he is not to positional aware). But i always iso against one limper with not a super short stack or sth. Why i shouldnt iso raise it ? with a9s a8s its more understandable but i really think its to nitty to just complete? or muck it pre ? (but i see that u say its definitely fine) .
      Hey noulispa,

I wouldn't read too much into it.

According to stat he is playing 30% of hands. If we give him a 30% range in equilab and remove the top 11% of hands which he is open-raising --->

Villain 40.92% 38.57% 2.35% 99-22, A9s-A8s, A5s-A2s, KJs-K7s, Q8s+, J8s+, T8s+, 97s+, 86s+, 75s+, 64s+, 54s, 43s, ATo, KJo-KTo, QTo+, JTo

Hero 59.08% 56.74% 2.35% ATo

Coupled with the fact that you are OOP (and may fold best hand more often), + paying rake, you are not going to make a lot of money in this spot. It will still be profitable though more than likely - but it's not like you are crushing his range or anything.