noulispa
      Bronze
      MP: $7.21 (144.2 bb)
      CO: $2.82 (56.4 bb) 57/14/7 hands
      BTN: $7.49 (149.8 bb)
      SB: $5.48 (109.6 bb)
      Hero (BB): $5 (100 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with K:club: A:heart:
      MP folds, CO raises to $0.15, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.55, CO calls $0.40

Flop: ($1.12) T:heart: 3:heart: 3:diamond: (2 players)
      Hero checks, CO bets $0.65, Hero folds

better to cbet 1/2 pot ? for thin value ?
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey noulispa,

Originally posted by noulispa
      better to cbet 1/2 pot ? for thin value ?
      Value against what?

Your line is fine. I actually like to flat preflop to avoid awkward stack to pot ratio postflop.

Theoretically there is nothing wrong with how you played the hand. With an SPR of 2, committing here with over-cards is a little loose while folding is a little tight. I avoid this issue with a flat pre-flop or a non-standard 3bet sizing.
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      "
      Value against what?

hmm yeah i just thought for a moment that AK is good and on this flop if villian is bad probably might call with worst Ace which even if its correct he probably push where we cant call or he calls and push turn which is bad too so a bit stupid think ;D . But no check/fold is certenly the best

I actually like to flat preflop to avoid awkward stack to pot ratio postflop. Theoretically there is nothing wrong with how you played the hand. With an SPR of 2, committing here with over-cards is a little loose while folding is a little tight. I avoid this issue with a flat pre-flop or a non-standard 3bet sizing.

yes i see your point and defenetaly i am going to try it looks like might help me in a lot of spots where the SPR is awkward . However with the flat pre i tend to 3bet here with the plan to get it in preflop and avoid post flop situations . Cause if we flat what is the plan ? to hit A or K ?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Originally posted by noulispa
      However with the flat pre i tend to 3bet here with the plan to get it in preflop and avoid post flop situations . Cause if we flat what is the plan ? to hit A or K ?
      There is no need for you to avoid postflop situations. You should prefer to play postflop rather than get the money in preflop. This is because your edge will be a lot larger postflop compared to preflop.

You don't necessarily need to hit an A or K in a single raised pot to continue with the hand. That is the great thing about playing with a deeper stack-to-pot ratio. You have more room to play postflop.

As played it's really difficult to put in any more chips without becoming comitted. In a single-raised pot I would probably float on the T33 OOP at least once.