Bronze
      MP: $4.58 (91.6 bb)
      CO: $4.34 (86.8 bb)
      BTN: $2.90 (58 bb)
      SB: $5.85 (117 bb) 46/16/fold cbet 71/agg 24-34-15/WTSD 32/153 hands
      Hero (BB): $7.78 (155.6 bb)
      UTG: $4.44 (88.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BB with A:club: A:heart:
      2 folds, CO calls $0.05, BTN folds, SB completes, Hero raises to $0.30, CO folds, SB calls $0.25

Flop: ($0.65) Q:club: 2:club: Q:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $0.40, SB raises to $0.80, Hero calls $0.40

Turn: ($2.25) 4:spade: (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.20, SB raises to $4.75 and is all-in, Hero folds

on the flop when he minraise i think that i am ahead of his range pps maybe some draws(but we block the Ac) also he can always has a Qx . So i call with the plan to call small bets by him .
      on the turn when he checks i value bet but against his min raise now looks really strong like a Q so i fold.
      ok thought process?
  • 3 replies
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey noulispa,

Preflop is fine if you think villain is calling a 6x iso-raise.

These paired boards with an overpair ---> You want to keep on betting for value but usually fold to a raise. Players are less likely to raise draws on paired boards. Also, as you correctly point out, you block the nut-flush draw, which is a bad thing, because villain doesn't have it in his range.

Folding on the flop is fine. You should be defending against a min-raise more often than a larger bet, so a call is not out of the question if you think your opponent may occasionally raise with 77 or flush-draws.

On the turn you are really in a way-ahead/way-behind type situation. Either your opponent has 77 or a flush-draw, and has relatively little equity or he holds a Qx. The best option is probably to check back the turn and hope to reach showdown. If your opponent checks river to you, it may be possible to go for a small amount of value.

As played your bet/fold on turn looks correct.
    • noulispa
      noulispa
      Bronze
      Preflop is fine if you think villain is calling a 6x iso-raise.

i raised 4 +2 X BB cause the SB complete . I was changing my size for example i was on the SB the 70 bb stack fish open limp from the CO i got QQ i raised just 4 x BB and the judges said to raise it bigger OOP 4 +1 X so i am a bit confused. Or this spot is different and i should raise pre 5 X for example ?
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      It's fine.

It's always better to make villain-dependent plays rather than play based on some sort of system.

If you felt villain would call a 10x raise, you should raise to 10x. The system for open-raising is put in place for beginners. Eventually you can gravitate away from this and dynamically create your own preflop raise sizings depending on opponents.