Small problem?

• MTTShooter
      MTTShooter
      Basic
      I took the quiz, passed, registered at TitanPoker, went through the steps and then get sent random security check email.

Pretty much, I refuse to send all kinds of personal info to get the bonus, so I wrote back saying just that.

But now I see this: "You will become a bronze member as soon as you get the starting capital from PokerStrategy."

Does that mean, that I will always stay a basic member and never be able to use this site?
  • 6 replies
    • redskwerl
      redskwerl
      Black
      That is correct.
      Also, you'd have to send you personal details to most poker sites anyway, if you ever want to cash out. Imo it's perfectly safe to send your ID information to a well known poker site or a huge affiliate site like pokerstrategy...
    • MTTShooter
      MTTShooter
      Basic
      I see it as quite different. If I had to send ID info to a pokersite, it would be because I was making a big withdraw. I have cashed out a few times before at sites up to $500 if i remember correctly, and no ID was needed since I use VISA in a country that's trusted.

In fact the only time I know of anyone being forced to scan proof was a friend that loaned money from his brother i.e. used his card to deposit, and it turned out that his brother played at an affiliate site. So it ended up being a 1 card 2 accounts thing, which after receiving the info from both was OK again.

Well anyways, I don't feel comfortable sending that kind of personal info to a site I just learned about today. Nothing gained, nothing lost except time and then the useless TitanPoker account.

They are a bit too much with the live support popping up every 10 minutes trying to get me to deposit.

Please delete my account and info. Not much use having it since I feel I am past basic as far as tutorials go. And that's by shear experience from playing.
    • brian997
      brian997
      Bronze
      This thread makes me laugh....
      Sending your photo ID is hardly a personal security issue... Just black out your drivers license number...
      Tell me, do you fear the bouncer when you go to the bar and hand over your ID? Because hes getting a hell of a lot more information than you are going to give a poker site (which, btw is federally regulated).
      And just to let you know, Titan Poker is registered out of Laval, Quebec, in Canada which has some of the toughest fraud laws so you can probably rest assure that your picture and address are safe...
      You say you have a lot of experience playing online, then why are you fearing a simple ID check?
    • MTTShooter
      MTTShooter
      Basic
      Not as much fear as won't bother with it. I think it's kinda funny how you compare the security of poker sites with this site.

I learned the hard way to play poker. Over the course of the first 3-4 months playing, I lost somewhere in the proximity of $2.000 before things slowly started turning around. I don't make much money playing.. overall I would say that I'm probably a bit under what I started with online, unlike from the few but in a sense quite profitable offline tourneys I have played. Incl. the 2G lost online, about 2G over.

The only reason I even took that quiz was because I'm in kind of a financial jam, not because of poker and BTW didn't have to read a single article to pass it. I wanted to test myself so took a chance on the first try and passed. If I had failed it, I would have read what was needed.

I have never had to show a photo ID anywhere, except at my bank or to the police etc. Laws used to be more lenient, or nonexistant, regarding underage drinking when I was at a age that would justify someone asking me for ID.
    • SoyCD
      SoyCD
      Bronze
      Originally posted by MTTShooter
      I see it as quite different. If I had to send ID info to a pokersite, it would be because I was making a big withdraw. I have cashed out a few times before at sites up to $500 if i remember correctly, and no ID was needed since I use VISA in a country that's trusted.

In fact the only time I know of anyone being forced to scan proof was a friend that loaned money from his brother i.e. used his card to deposit, and it turned out that his brother played at an affiliate site. So it ended up being a 1 card 2 accounts thing, which after receiving the info from both was OK again.

Well anyways, I don't feel comfortable sending that kind of personal info to a site I just learned about today. Nothing gained, nothing lost except time and then the useless TitanPoker account.

They are a bit too much with the live support popping up every 10 minutes trying to get me to deposit.

Please delete my account and info. Not much use having it since I feel I am past basic as far as tutorials go. And that's by shear experience from playing.

Hello MTTShooter,

While it is perfectly fine that you don't want to send ID information - we need to ask for these kind of things to protect ourselves against misuse of our offer. To access the materials on this site you need to either have received our starting capital (for which you need to send an ID) OR need to play over a tracked account at one of our partner sites:

Titan Poker 200% up to $600 bonus!
      PokerStars 100% up to $100 bonus!
      PartyPoker 30% up to $150 bonus!
      Full Tilt Poker 100% up to $600 bonus!
      Mansion Poker 100% up to $500 bonus!
      Everest Poker Up to $200 bonus!
      888.com PacificPoker 125% up to $475 bonus!
      Unibet Poker Up to 40% loyalty bonus every month!
      PokerKings 100% up to 500€ bonus!
      InterPoker 100% up to $500 bonus!
      Ladbrokespoker 100% up to $1,000
      Betfair 100% up to $1,500

Playing at any of these after using our first deposit codes will also allow you to move up in rank and gain access to our content.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
    • MTTShooter
      MTTShooter
      Basic
      Originally posted by SoyCD... OR need to play over a tracked account at one of our partner sites ...

Playing at any of these after using our first deposit codes will also allow you to move up in rank and gain access to our content.

Best regards,
      SoyCD
      Cool, then the account here might not be useless after all, although I seriously doubt that I will ever deposit anything at Titan. Judging from their popup sales chats, they seem very needy and annoying.

Maybe if I make the money in a few freerolls, but apart from that it's PokerStars and Mansion for me.

Anyways thank you for a proper answer

Cheers