This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] NL20 AK 4bet pot [blind battle]

• eSKavuS
      eSKavuS
      Bronze
      Reg player 50hands in anonymous tables Microgaming

BB: $18.72 (93.6 bb)
      BTN: $25.52 (127.6 bb)
      Hero (SB): $24.44 (122.2 bb)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K A
      BTN folds, Hero raises to $0.60, BB raises to $2, Hero raises to $4.40, BB calls $2.40

Flop: ($8.80) J T 6 (2 players)
      Hero ?
  • 5 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Eskavus,

This is very similar to a hand recently posted here: NL50 - AK 4betpot

I think that we should look at check/folding this flop because it does hit villains range of high cards/high pairs.
    • eSKavuS
      eSKavuS
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Eskavus,

I think that we should look at check/folding this flop because it does hit villains range of high cards/high pairs.
      Are there any specific board combination which is +EV to cbet or make a move (taking in consideration we miss TP)
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by eSKavuS
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Eskavus,

Are there any specific board combination which is +EV to cbet or make a move (taking in consideration we miss TP)
      What do you expect villains range to be (when calling your 4-bet 100 bb deep)?

Lower boards that don't hit many broadways (which I think are part of his range) are fine. Of course pairs don't fold in that case but against them we still have some outs and may get to see a river.
    • eSKavuS
      eSKavuS
      Bronze
      I can't put him on a range, I am new to these spots.
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by eSKavuS
      I can't put him on a range, I am new to these spots.
      It's hard to put him on a range because of his less than 100 BB stack which makes him more of a recreational player. We can only speculate that he may have big broadways and pairs but may also have suited aces and other random hands.