$29.23
      MP2:
      $33.46
      MP3:
      $16.54
      CO:
      $42.46

Preflop: Hero is BU with A, K.
      MP2 folds, MP3 calls $0.25, CO folds, Hero raises to $1.00, SB calls $0.90, 2 folds, MP3 folds.

Flop: ($2.5) 4, 3, 3 (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $1.40, SB calls $1.40.

Turn: ($5.3) Q (2 players)
      SB checks, Hero bets $3.30, SB calls $3.30.

River: ($11.9) 5 (2 players)
      SB bets $14.38, Hero folds, SB gets uncalled bet back.

Final Pot: $11.9.

unknown.
      against unknown, bluff can be + EV?
  • 3 replies
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Hi Daisuke,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: SB does look fishy too given his stack size.

If we decide to bet flop we should look at betting turn and possibly river. I do agree with your flop/turn and there's not much we can do on the river.
    • daisuke3823
      daisuke3823
      Bronze
      Originally posted by BogdanPS
      Hi Daisuke,

Preflop: looks fine

Postflop: SB does look fishy too given his stack size.

If we decide to bet flop we should look at betting turn and possibly river. I do agree with your flop/turn and there's not much we can do on the river.
      hi can I ask you something which is not related to this hand?

to win more , only way to make profit more is ,reducing the number of misplays?
      my result cannot change suddenly by finding something?
      what about you? your winning suddenly changes a lot ? or your play becomes better and better little by little?
    • BogdanPS
      BogdanPS
      Basic
      Originally posted by daisuke3823

hi can I ask you something which is not related to this hand?

to win more , only way to make profit more is ,reducing the number of misplays?
      my result cannot change suddenly by finding something?
      what about you? your winning suddenly changes a lot ? or your play becomes better and better little by little?
      Of course you can. Let's take a look at it.

Your result cannot suddenly change unless you hit a good patch of variance. We normally make small changes to our game that when combined, over a period of time, prove to be a bigger change.

So as long as you improve at a rate higher than your opponents you should see an improvement in results. However this improvement cannot come over night and your results are affected by variance.

So sometimes, even though we are improving, we can't see it in the results and we should look for other signs such as how we feel about our play, our A game, B game, etc or how we feel about our mental game.

From my own experience I did not see a sudden change in profitability in my game but rather a gradual process.

It's kinda like saying this:

I want to be a professional sprinter so will I be seeing super fast improvements in my speeds or will it be gradual? And of course the answer is gradual. There's a saying: "practice makes perfect".

So what I recommend you do is develop a strategy to see if you are improving your game besides the immediate, variance ridden, results.