Do or die: NL5 on FTP with too small stack

• CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Hello everybody!

Some people might already remember me from my earlier blog and "wise" arguments on hand evaluation forums. I'm CPallo from Finland, age 20. And this is my latest poker blog/project, and it's conquering FTP for good.

Generally, I have about 30d on FTP right now. It didn't need any deposits, started with my ring game ticket. Had it around 50 once, but then started my real life tilt, and got down to 20d. Now, I have a project to start: I'll play NL5 RUSH with this BR, and I'll go broke or stop this project at 200dollars (and then I withdraw them and eat something else than noodles for once :D ). I play with BSS.

I'll be trying to complete this project before my summer vacation, so there's no need to Rush here. I'll play little by little, and meanwhile I'm playing in Titan poker and with my other project (in Finnish community) on Jokerstars.

During this project I'll try to send here some interesting hands and maybe graphs (everyday when I win big and think I'm good :D ).

GL for me!

Day 1

Bankroll: 30,86 $
  • 6 replies
    • UPAY4DINNER
      UPAY4DINNER
      Bronze
      Good luck CPallo :)
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Good luck!

Nice to see you are trying to improve by actively participating in hand evaluation forums. :)
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Thanks guys!

First update, had my first sessions on FTP. BR is now 37.28$, so I had some improvement!

First graph:

And one good hand:

Guy seemed a bit bluffy and too loose, rather recreational player IMO. On river I was afraid a bit that he has 9x, but he will be bluffing there quite often with all busted draws, and after he bet so big, I decided to catch him.

Full Tilt - $0.05 NL RUSH (6 max) - Holdem - 6 players
      Hand converted by PokerTracker 3

Hero (SB): $4.95
      BB: $17.25
      UTG: $5.09
      MP: $7.16
      CO: $6.49
      BTN: $11.15

Hero posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has J:diamond: Q:spade:

fold, fold, fold, BTN calls $0.05, Hero raises to $0.25, fold, BTN calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.55, 2 players) 6:spade: J:club: 9:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.35, BTN calls $0.35

Turn: ($1.25, 2 players) Q:club:
      Hero bets $0.70, BTN calls $0.70

River: ($2.65, 2 players) 9:heart:
      Hero checks, BTN bets $2.65, Hero calls $2.65

BTN shows T:club: A:diamond: (One Pair, Nines) (Pre 60%, Flop 16%, Turn 18%)
      Hero shows J:diamond: Q:spade: (Two Pair, Queens and Jacks) (Pre 40%, Flop 84%, Turn 82%)
      Hero wins $7.42

All in all, people seem to call very wide with their GSSD and overcards. And they play draws passively. One of my old "leaks" in this level was to play draws over aggressive on flop, so better to avoid it now.

Good start so far, I'll play more in the evening!
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Okay, now I'm ready to end up sessions for today. I'm feeling already slightly tired and I also found some interesting articles about (poker) psychology :D So better to focus on them, coz it might be slightly more +EV than playing poker.

I give myself a 9+ for today's games. Some spots I missed slightly value by betting too small or by not betting, but otherwise WP and I was able to make some moves that generated me extra profit (like overbetting and looking weak in some random spots). I actually didn't make any huge mistake today, and my winrate was awesome!

And another exciting hand:

BTN: $18.67
      SB: $0.92
      BB: $2.10
      UTG: $2.63
      Hero (MP): $5.82
      CO: $4.20

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has K:heart: A:spade:

fold, Hero raises to $0.15, fold, BTN raises to $0.45, fold, fold, fold

BTN wins $0.37

I'm a nit in this spot, yes. But BTN was quite fishy, about 200 hands on him and had VPIP sth like 40+ and pfr less than 20, 3-bet being 0/13. So, I thought that this call will be marginal anyway and I would have to give up anytime I miss (and maybe sometimes when I hit), so fold. His range was IMO more towards QQ+, AK+, maybe AQs. So I couldn't even 4-bet for value as he would most likely flat splits and worse and 5-bet shove eagerly those AA/KK

E: got to add two hands that should teach you, why not to a) slowplay good hand and b) Why not to flat AA pre vs unk.

BTN: $5.00
      SB: $6.90
      Hero (BB): $5.00
      UTG: $1.46
      MP: $11.67
      CO: $3.23

SB posts SB $0.02, Hero posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has 3:heart: 3:spade:

fold, fold, CO calls $0.05, fold, fold, Hero checks

Flop: ($0.12, 2 players) T:heart: Q:spade: 5:club:
      Hero checks, CO checks

Turn: ($0.12, 2 players) 3:diamond:
      Hero bets $0.15, CO calls $0.15

River: ($0.42, 2 players) 2:spade:
      Hero bets $0.35, CO raises to $0.70, Hero raises to $4.80 and is all-in, CO calls $2.33 and is all-in

Hero shows 3:heart: 3:spade: (Three of a Kind, Threes) (Pre 50%, Flop 8%, Turn 91%)
      CO mucks T:spade: Q:heart: (Two Pair, Queens and Tens) (Pre 50%, Flop 92%, Turn 9%)
      Hero wins $6.05

BB: $12.93
      UTG: $4.61
      MP: $9.09
      Hero (CO): $6.50
      BTN: $3.96
      SB: $2.45

SB posts SB $0.02, BB posts BB $0.05

Pre Flop: ($0.07) Hero has 3:club: 3:heart:

fold, fold, Hero raises to $0.15, BTN calls $0.15, fold, fold

Flop: ($0.37, 2 players) J:heart: 3:spade: 8:spade:
      Hero bets $0.28, BTN raises to $0.56, Hero raises to $1.44, BTN raises to $2.32, Hero raises to $4.90, BTN calls $1.49 and is all-in

Turn: ($7.99, 2 players) 8:club:

River: ($7.99, 2 players) 9:spade:

Hero shows 3:club: 3:heart: (Full House, Threes full of Eights) (Pre 18%, Flop 91%, Turn 91%)
      BTN shows A:diamond: A:club: (Two Pair, Aces and Eights) (Pre 82%, Flop 9%, Turn 9%)
      Hero wins $7.46
    • cheekopeh
      cheekopeh
      Bronze
      Originally posted by CPallo
      Hello everybody!

Some people might already remember me from my earlier blog and "wise" arguments on hand evaluation forums.
      I certainly do! I'm also playing NL5, and on Titan as well. Since you're playing Rush, I gather you're playing Speed on Titan too? We might have played against each other before. Hope you don't remember my donkey moments :f_biggrin:

All e best w your project! Following! :D
    • CPallo
      CPallo
      Bronze
      Originally posted by cheekopeh
      Originally posted by CPallo
      Hello everybody!

Some people might already remember me from my earlier blog and "wise" arguments on hand evaluation forums.
      I certainly do! I'm also playing NL5, and on Titan as well. Since you're playing Rush, I gather you're playing Speed on Titan too? We might have played against each other before. Hope you don't remember my donkey moments :f_biggrin:

All e best w your project! Following! :D
      Rarely playing speed on titan, I just hate the software, it jams my computer more than often :D

Saying that, I think I'll head to a speed table on titan for a moment.