[NL2-NL10] [SH] NL5 77 03-02-13 (zoom)

• Resilence
      Resilence
      Bronze
      Poker Stars, $0.02/$0.05 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players
      Poker Tools Powered By Holdem Manager - The Ultimate Poker Software Suite.

Hero (BTN): $5 (100 bb)
      SB: $1.57 (31.4 bb)
      BB: $5 (100 bb)
      UTG: $4.51 (90.2 bb)
      MP: $5.14 (102.8 bb)
      CO: $9.75 (195 bb)

Preflop: Hero is BTN with 7 7
      UTG calls $0.05, 2 folds, Hero raises to $0.25, 2 folds, UTG calls $0.20

Flop: ($0.57) 3 A 3 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.40, UTG calls $0.40

Turn: ($1.37) 3 (2 players)
      UTG checks, Hero bets $0.98, UTG folds

Hi,
      How is my line?

UTG limp seemed weak, his stack size was off, which could indicate that this isn't a very strong player.
      Reason for isoraise + my PP beats smaller pp's which could play like this preflop.

Flop:
      the Ax is good to barrel, but we have a FD here, considdering villain might call with suited broadways preflop, is my bet for value still good?

Turn:
      Nothing much changes here, I don't think villain has the Ax, I really think he is more on a draw or PP, which he is not sure how to play.
      But here is my secondbarrel a bluff? I don't know if I'm way ahead here or way behind, I do lean to the fact that he has been playing rather weak, so the best option is to bet bet bet?

Villain:
      Unknown perhaps fishy 1 hand
  • 1 reply
    • w34z3l
      w34z3l
      Coach
      Coach
      Hey Resilence,

Preflop is fine.

Flop is pretty thin for value. It's more protection from over-cards than anything. Flush-draws may call though, and if UTG is a calling station other hands may find a way to call.

Theoretically checking back may be best option in this spot, but in practice if you felt you'd be bluffed out of the hand on later streets too much, betting now for protection is better.

If the river was thin for value the turn is closer to a bluff. Villain is unlikely to continue with a flush-draw on this board. Unless villain is a huge calling station the only hands he continues with are pairs (boats) or quads. In terms of combinations he has more Ax hands in his range than small pockets 66 and below. He also may have 88-TT if he open-limps them. I think your value bet is too thin.