This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

[NL20-NL50] [SH] NL50 AQs

• duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Prima, $0.25/$0.50 No Limit Hold'em Cash, 6 Players

CO: $70.73 (141.5 bb)
      BTN: $36.56 (73.1 bb)
      SB: $50.25 (100.5 bb)
      BB: $50 (100 bb)
      Hero (UTG): $57.78 (115.6 bb)
      MP: $50.39 (100.8 bb)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with Q A
      Hero raises to $1.50, MP calls $1.50, 4 folds

Flop: ($3.75) T 3 Q (2 players)
      Hero bets $2.50, MP raises to $6, Hero calls $3.50

Turn: ($15.75) 2 (2 players)
      Hero checks, MP bets $8, Hero folds

Anon table.

MP played 32/26 after 35 hands, 3bet 17%.

Flop? His valuerange mainly TT/33/QTs, maybe QQ sometimes. Plus flushdraws and some straightdraws.
      Would be better to just give up? My plan was to ch/call him down on any non- turn/river.
  • 3 replies
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      Hi.

Flop: Don't think we can ever fold flop here. He could easily raise with too many gutshots and flush draws.

Turn: This should be a fold without further info. We are completely lost on Rivers and he may/may not continue firing and we have absolutely no idea.

I think we could consider calling with a single club in our hand, mostly for blockers and maybe some redraw potential.

Thanks.
    • duder1n0
      duder1n0
      Black
      Originally posted by mbml
      Flop: Don't think we can ever fold flop here. He could easily raise with too many gutshots and flush draws.

Turn: This should be a fold without further info. We are completely lost on Rivers and he may/may not continue firing and we have absolutely no idea.
      Should this also mean, that we ch/call him down on blank turn/rivercards? Like fold on any /K, J/9/8 are in the grey zone, and all others are mainly good for us?
    • mbml
      mbml
      Black
      It's kind of hard to say vs an unknown, but I think calling down when all draws missed should be fine. I would assume these days that people are capable of 3barreling some air and busted draws.

We also have the option of check/jamming blank turns, especially if it brings a 2nd flush draw like the 4 of diamond. It's not so much for value, but just for protection when the pot is already so huge and we don't want to face a nasty river card.

Bad Turn cards
      If his raising range is mostly flush and straight draws, then yes, a club or a King is really bad for us. Agree with what you said.