This site uses cookies to improve your browsing experience. By continuing to browse the website, you accept such cookies. For more details and to change your settings, see our Cookie Policy and Privacy Policy. Close

Fold SB to steal

• opal99
      opal99
      Black
      What is optimal on 3:1 and 5:2 structure?

Because after 917 hands I have these stats.. VPIP is too low, W@SD is terrible but 95% fold to SB is way too much. It's small sample size so it's more teoretical question. :)

btw: how it's possible to have Handrange Flop < VPIP? maybe some bug?

btw2: it's just me, or Elephant doesn't consider open raise from SB as steal raise?
  • 7 replies
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Hmm I think it should be also around 85% as many players don't care about it. It's better to play opponent based. TAGs should be able to adept so defend a bit tighter against them (maybe a kicker tighter at the worst hands).
      You call to much down in my opinion. If you are used to 40% it's fine but notice that your swing will be a lot bigger if you do so. (The w$wsf is low also so maybe you make bad calldowns. It may be justa downswing too. ;) )
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Yes, I used to have WtSD at 40% since I switched to SH and it payed me off so far. The thing is, you need lower W@SD to achieve same winratio (eg. I had only 50.51% won @ SD with 40.3% went to SD while playing 2/4SH) - if it's good or bad, it depends on your preferences and/or playing style.
      I don't think I'm playing so good or so bad, but I will think about taking my WtSD a bit lower ;)

Originally posted by ciRith
      The w$wsf is low also so maybe you make bad calldown. It may be justa downswing too. ;)
      What do you mean? w$wsf is 'won $ without showdown", so it has nothing to do with call downs. Opponents are folding not so often if it's low, and too much if it's high - what is "optimal" in this case?

And yes, it's very bad downswing (at least I hope so) as you can see W@SD is only 42.7%...
    • CoreySteel
      CoreySteel
      Bronze
      w$wsf is Won $ When Seen Flop :)

won $ without showdown would be like w$wsd or something :D
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      lol.
      I should read basic manual for tracking software :)

How could I w$wsf translate it that way? Where the hell did I forget last "f"? :rolleyes:

Now it makes sense what ciRith wrote ;) OK, so what's optimal range for w$wsf on 3/6 (or higher)?
      Anyways, if I make bad call down my W@SD is low and (probably) it has nothing to do with w$wsf, because it doesn't matter if I fold on flop or calldown - w$wsf is the same.. just thought
      Looking from the other side: Either I fold too much (39.5 WTSD doesnt indicate it) or I play too passive (I don't give my opponents chance to fold) => LOW w$wsf . . . or am I wrong?
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Nah it makes no sense. I meant W$@SD not W$wsF. I don't even know on my own how to interpret that value. Sorry for that. :)
      At this point I didn't know that you are used to such a high wts so I assumed that you maybe make bad calldown. But it's most probably just a downswing. With your wts I recommend you a bit tighter BRM as the swing will be bigger too. :)
    • opal99
      opal99
      Black
      Yes, I'm going to switch to 700 - 800BB when moving from 3/6 to 5/10 (7-8k) so it looks like I'll spent some time on 3/6...

Today I moved back to 2/4 to get some confidence back and aimed for lower wtsd and it looks so:
      33.1% WtSDwsF
      54.1% W@SD

looks too tight but I was -75BB after 850 hands (+ 28BB after 1760)... I really don't know if I should try to play more tight after flop - how it's on 5/10 & 10/20? Are you more SD commited or not?

And about downswing: you're right; it's f* downswing :(
    • ciRith
      ciRith
      Bronze
      Way looser. I'm not showdownbound enough. 40 wts is nearly standard at this limit. :)