[NL2-NL10] Nl10 66

• TheWinnerTakesItAll
      BB stats 25/15 AF:5 WTSD:25 W$SD:50 3bet:13(3/22) cbet f:86 cbet t:25 after 89 hands.

So I called his cbet on flop, because it's half pot on drawy board and he has big gap between f and t cbet. So my plan is to take pot on turn if he checks.

Hand converted with online PokerStrategy.com hand converter:

Play hand

$0.05/$0.1 No-Limit Hold'em (7 handed)

Known players:
      MP2 (Hero):

Preflop: Hero is MP2 with 6, 6.
      MP1 folds, Hero raises to $0.30, 4 folds, BB raises to $0.50, Hero calls $0.20.

Flop: ($1.05) 8, 4, 9 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.50, Hero calls $0.50.

Turn: ($2.05) T (2 players)
      BB checks, Hero bets $1.30, BB calls $1.30.

River: ($4.65) 5 (2 players)
      BB bets $0.10, Hero calls $0.10.

Final Pot: $4.85.

Results follow:

Hero shows a pair of sixes(6c 6h).
      BB shows a pair of queens(Qh Qc).

BB wins with a pair of queens(Qh Qc).
  • 4 replies
    • kymupa

Preflop calling his min3b is fine.

When he cbets the flop I would just fold here. There are almost no good turn cards for us plus we can hardly call the turn with 66 again.
      Overall, our plan preflop was to play for set value and I really wouldn't play back at him on this board at all.

When he checks the turn I prefer checking back.
      We have SD value plus we don't want to get check/raise.

On the river is fine.

• Dracsharp
      I would call his cbet, even if he is on nuts ak missed here, and his aggro on turn could drop maybe considering he only cbet 0/3 or 1/7 times at this time.

Turn i see no reason to bet, if we floated with a kq we surely need to bluff somewhere but with this we aim to check it down.

River is c/f if he bets reasonable amount because i don't think he can expect many bluffs to work thereafter check and flop call, he might have done it turn anyway to look stronger.
    • Dracsharp
      Don't we have the odds to call ? Even against nuts range. He pretty much cbets everything, and that drops on turn.

I didn't assume he would continue barreling his ak, of course he might on scarecard like t+ and h, but no evidence of so far.

QQ+,AKs,AKo we have 42% on flop
    • kymupa
      Well, this is only if we expect him to check the turn a lot (which we don't know if he does in a 3b pot) so I would rather just fold the flop and don't get into marginal spots.